Page 2 of 97 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    I'm trying to get to Finland this year and just wondering; is it possible to do multiple stages per loop on Friday and Saturday?
    To see four stages on Friday and Saturday shouldn't be a problem.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 978 Times in 340 Posts
    Anybody tips for accomodation for two? Everything i find is so expensive in/around Jyvaskala haha.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    To see four stages on Friday and Saturday shouldn't be a problem.
    At least Oittila and Äänekoski on the morning loop should be doable, then a third stage on afternoon and finally Harju. If you want to be busier, you need to leave early and select your stages and spots accordingly and know the fastest routes (not only shortest but to avoid traffic jams).

Liked 85 Times in 63 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MartijnS View Post
    Anybody tips for accomodation for two? Everything i find is so expensive in/around Jyvaskala haha.
    Last year I stayed in Korpilahti (Alkio-Opisto University). Very central area.

https://www.alkio.fi/alkio-college
    2009 IRC Pickems Champion

5. Likes: Hartusvuori (21st February 2019),satnav (20th February 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

7. Likes: famjo70 (6th June 2019),Luis Pacheco (20th February 2019),Micke_VOC (21st February 2019),satnav (20th February 2019),the sniper (20th February 2019)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Is anyone here going with camper-wan and staying somewhere near the track? Any suggestions for this type of spectating?

Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    Is anyone here going with camper-wan and staying somewhere near the track? Any suggestions for this type of spectating?
    Most of the SS have larger parking lots, where you can also park with a camper. You will go to the SS of the previous day in the evening and after lunch you will change your location. We have been doing this for many years and we like it. Most of the road parking roads are also wide enough to accommodate a camper. Just make a small plan what SS you want to see and that's all. While traveling by car, you can see more SS, but with camper it is much more convenient. It's good to wake up in the morning right next to the SS so there's no need to go anywhere

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Dear finnish frieds. I have a group of friends that are going to rally Finland for the first time.
    Can you help them out? They need to know:

1) Where do you suggest to book their stay, private apartments with airbnb and similar? Or other soultions?
    2) When the roads will be closed for the rally?

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Dear finnish frieds. I have a group of friends that are going to rally Finland for the first time.
    Can you help them out? They need to know:

1) Where do you suggest to book their stay, private apartments with airbnb and similar? Or other soultions?
    2) When the roads will be closed for the rally?
    For a group I'd suggest some kind of cottage - just for the full Finnish experiment of sauna, swimming and an optional amount of fresh Finnish lager
    There's few (cottages, beer we have plenty of) still available in the Jyväskylä area for the rally week. For example in Himos (which is in Jämsä, quite ok to operate from during the rally) you can get one for 650€ a week, which, if you split it between 4-6 (?) friends, isn't that bad IMO.

The roads will be closed 2-3 hours before the action begins.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

12. Likes: AL14 (20th February 2019)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Andruet View Post
    For a group I'd suggest some kind of cottage - just for the full Finnish experiment of sauna, swimming and an optional amount of fresh Finnish lager
    There's few (cottages, beer we have plenty of) still available in the Jyväskylä area for the rally week. For example in Himos (which is in Jämsä, quite ok to operate from during the rally) you can get one for 650€ a week, which, if you split it between 4-6 (?) friends, isn't that bad IMO.

The roads will be closed 2-3 hours before the action begins.
    Nice suggestion, thanks, now I'm envying them to death because I can't go
    Last edited by AL14; 20th February 2019 at 22:28.