Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 445 Times in 205 Posts

[WRC] Rally Turkey Marmaris 2019

Here the new 2019 edition of Rally Turkey.
    Very similar roads except one new stage (17 stages + 317.88kms)
    Full timetable ► http://bit.ly/30YQBh1

2. Likes: AnttiL (31st May 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Some shuffling with stages from day to another.

Icmeler now opens the rally. It's a quite fast stage with several tarmac patches (Ogier won this one with the hand-fixed car)
    Cicekli now driven only once on Sunday. It was the slowest stage last year, very twisty.
    New stage Kizlan driven twice on Saturday.
    The Ovacik stage is dropped from Sunday. This is where Tänak almost went off, and some JWRC driver went straight in a surprising corner after a long climb.
    The 38 km Cetibeli will probably be the longest gravel stage of the season

Some changes in length to the stages here and there.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

5. Likes: KKS (12th June 2019),tommeke_B (6th June 2019)
    Liked 480 Times in 207 Posts
    Last year my trip to WRC Rally Turkey was organized by a travel agency (group travel).
    This year the travel agency won't include this rally in their plans.
    Do you know of any travel agencies organizing group travel to WRC Turkey 2019?

Thank you

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    It's a pretty simple rally to do by your self and you have the freedom. Easy stage access for spectators, I do not believe people need tickets as it's free range when you get on a stage but of course in safe places. Happy to share some good locations/stages.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    It's a pretty simple rally to do by your self and you have the freedom. Easy stage access for spectators, I do not believe people need tickets as it's free range when you get on a stage but of course in safe places. Happy to share some good locations/stages.
    Thank you for the reply. I know many things about this rally since I was there last year spectating SSS, Ula, Datca, Cicecli, Icmeler and Marmaris PS.
    I was just hoping I would not do this trip alone.

Some tips:

• Tickets are not needed for most SS, except for the PS (president Erdogan was present and the safety rules were TOO strict).
    • SSS in Marmaris was spectated by myriads of people but the mountains had almost no fans at all.
    • Service park during the first days was that empty you could have a chit chat with the drivers :P
    • Access to most SS is relatively easy and Marmaris is a nice city with lots of European tourists.

It is now less than two months before the rally and the site is not yet updated with 2019 content...

Is it better to buy a trusted GPS device instead of using a smartphone for traveling to the stages? Last year I had big problems with smartphone's signal.

10. Likes: aykutbilir (29th July 2019)
    Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bomber21 View Post
    It is now less than two months before the rally and the site is not yet updated with 2019 content...

Is it better to buy a trusted GPS device instead of using a smartphone for traveling to the stages? Last year I had big problems with smartphone's signal.
    The VIP experience was 100 Euro per person last year and it was an amazing value. They certainly lost money on me and my wife as we drank tons of wine and ate all the free food. The boat ride and stage watching from the sea was also a cool experience. If they offer it again at that price I would seriously consider it. We didn't even have to drive one of the days as they had a bus shuttling everyone around.

12. Likes: aykutbilir (29th July 2019),cali (18th July 2019),EstWRC (18th July 2019)
    Liked 91 Times in 54 Posts
    Hmm any info on that VIP service? That sounds like an amazing value.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Booked it directly from their website last time. Keep checking the website and act fast. They sold out really quick!