Page 19 of 97 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Any testing in Pirkanmaa region? Would love to go and see since I will not be able to make it to the rally this year.

Liked 266 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    M-sport is testing this week in Finland, i guess Paddon will be there too ?
    Teemu Suninen was testing today 16.7.2019 #maximumattack
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZL06iYWY_k

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Suninen:
    Very happy for today, my first day of testing for coming @RallyFinland. Could not be better. No problems and the car was on a constant move. Feels like we gonna be well prepared for the event. Good mileage and lots of information gained. https://t.co/EqM8QLa49P

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    The way the Friday stages are set this year is challenging. The day starts with two 20 kilometre stages so the setup and confidence must be in the right place. This is crucial for guys with new cars such as Paddon and Breen. You don't get any split times or can't change the setup before the finish.

Last year Moksi was the first proper stage. It has multiple rhythm changes from slow to fast, narrow to wide and back. If you started getting into one rhythm, you had to instantly change into a different one. This year Friday starts with Oittila, which has 8 km of narrow technical road in the beginning and 8 km of fast smooth road in the end. Maybe it's easier in the sense that you get a proper feel of a road type before switching to another one? But then again. Moksi is the next one right away.

If the Friday loop was reversed, by starting with the shorter stages, it would be easier. Last year we saw that Tänak had settled in best and he made a big stage win with only Østberg getting close through road position advantage.

I also repeat that Oittila is largely a new stage for Meeke, whereas everyone else has already driven it in full pace.

EDIT: Only in 2003 the two first forest stages of Rally Finland have packed more (42) kilometres without service in between. And in 2015 the first three stages were already 72 kilometres.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 16th July 2019 at 20:03.

5. Likes: Allez Andruet (16th July 2019),famjo70 (26th July 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by masa90 View Post
    Any testing in Pirkanmaa region? Would love to go and see since I will not be able to make it to the rally this year.
    https://twitter.com/jussinaarajarvi/...683272705?s=21

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Cheers, now I would just need to know when and where 😂 can't leave work in such a short notice.

Liked 414 Times in 101 Posts
    Evans will miss rally Finland due to a back injury

https://twitter.com/autosport/status...665304064?s=19

9. Likes: dimviii (17th July 2019)
    Liked 5,552 Times in 2,296 Posts
    M-Sport Ford World Rally Team’s Elfyn Evans will miss the next round of the FIA World Rally Championship – the Welshman being advised not to contest Neste Rally Finland on medical grounds having suffered a heavy landing at last weekend’s Rally Estonia.

Currently sitting fourth in the championship standings, Evans will now focus on making a full and swift recovery to continue what has been a strong performance from him and co-driver Scott Martin so far this season.

Replacing Evans and Martin in the #33 EcoBoost-powered Ford Fiesta WRC are Gus Greensmith and Elliott Edmondson. The young Brits made their debut behind the wheel of a world rally car earlier this year, and will complete a pre-event test on location in Finland tomorrow.

Elfyn Evans said:

“I’m absolutely gutted to be missing Rally Finland, but we suffered a pretty heavy landing in Estonia and have been advised to sit it out and focus on making a full and quick recovery. It’s a hard one to take right now, but I have to trust the advice of the experts and the team have all been really supportive. I’ll now focus on my recovery, and getting back behind the wheel as soon as possible.”

Team Principal, Richard Millener, said:

“It’s obviously a real shame for everyone not to see Elfyn and Scott in Finland, but when you’re medically advised not to contest an event that’s not something you can ignore. Finland is such a physically demanding rally, and Elfyn’s fitness is our main concern. He has the full support of the team and is already focused on making a quick recovery.

“After their impressive debut with the world rally car earlier this year, we felt it only right to offer the seat to Gus and Elliott. I know they’ll make the most of this opportunity, and they’ll have a pre-event test tomorrow to ensure they’re as prepared as they can be for the challenges ahead.”

M-Sport Managing Director, Malcolm Wilson OBE, said:

“I’ve already told Elfyn that the car will be waiting for him as soon as he’s fit, but his wellbeing is our number one priority and we need to ensure he’s fully recovered before getting back behind the wheel. Gus will take Elfyn’s place in Finland and I’m intrigued to see what he can deliver, but our primary focus is getting Elfyn fully recovered and back to continue what has been a really strong season for him and Scott.”

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Well that sucks. Big time
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

12. Likes: AnttiL (17th July 2019),Mirek (17th July 2019),pantealex (17th July 2019)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Might there be someone to replace Gus..

14. Likes: pantealex (17th July 2019)