Page 92 of 97 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Eddie, don't you think that you make often too much drama of things?
    No.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    The problem I have with the Ruuhimäki ending is the extremely artificial feel of the area after the jump. It just looks like a big flat empty (parking) lot.
    That's what it is. It's one way to give more space for spectators and to accomodate the podium ceremony.

3. Likes: pantealex (6th August 2019),Rallyper (6th August 2019),tommeke_B (5th August 2019)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    WRCWings notes on Ruuhimäki (power stage) last jump:

Some of the cars showed an excessive nose-up behavior while landing in the last crest of the Power Stage (Ruuhimäki), with the Citroën C3 WRC of Ogier and Ingrassia reaching the top angle, and losing the rear diffuser in the second pass as a minor consequence. The reason why those cars nose-up so heavily is not only related to aerodynamics, but to the way they faced the crest.

As Mads Østberg explained to us in an interview included in our post on Aerodynamics of a WRC car jump, it is normal to brake a little bit before the crest, in order to balance the car. If the top of the crest is reached at full acceleration, the car will face it with the nose up.

The control time at the end of the Ruuhimäki stage was located on top of the crest. Many drivers were pushing down to the limit to the very end of the stage to get the best time and some points. For this reason, they probably did not brake before the crest, and their cars took off nosing up. If you add a poor aero balance (such is the case of the C3), then the landing could not be balanced, and the cars reached very unbalanced position (as it happened to Ogier or Neuville).

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Not just here, you don't need to be a nuclear physicist to realize, that Yaris is ''from another planet'' compare to other cars…..that's why my hero of the weekend is Lappi who manage to bring this piece of French crap on the podium….
    it cant be that crap if second year in a row its fighting for the win on the first day and in the end is second. Lappi was also second in Sweden, so the Citroen must be quite good on fast stuff.

what i also noticed again is that the guys who were at Rally Estonia this year, did really well also on Rally Finland, exactly like last year.

For me Breen definitely secured a contract with some team for next year, really great performance from him. Mikkelsen did also really well considering its one of his weakest rallies.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: AnttiL (5th August 2019),pantealex (6th August 2019),RS (6th August 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's what it is. It's one way to give more space for spectators and to accomodate the podium ceremony.
    Spectators/podium don't need to be on a flat and empty area. "Natural" earth-tribunes even artificially made with grass looks 10x better than flat empty tarmac patch.
    Last edited by mknight; 5th August 2019 at 20:58.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

For me Breen definitely secured a contract with some team for next year, really great performance from him.
    I am not so sure. Remember Breen has 2 podiums... from Sweden and Finland. So it's one of his 2 best rallies. He has yet to prove he can be fast and stay fast on med-slow gravel, not to mention tarmac rally without mistakes. (Btw. Østberg did basically the same in Finland last year and it's not like he has a drive now)

Anyway Breen very likely secured a drive with I20 in GB instead of Sordo.

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    "It's not a positive weekend because we lose 18 points on Tanak, we hope of course that the next events will be different, but I'm not worried about the performance, the trend has been pretty clear for a few time What more can I do? Maybe I'm getting older I'm not the type to say that it's not my fault when I do not win The Ogier-Citroën package is not up to date In five races, it's hard to turn the tide, I'm not bitter, I'm glad the weekend is over and we're going home, let's wait for Germany. I'm always optimistic about my chances of a title, "explained Ogier at our microphone.

https://www.rtbf.be/sport/moteurs/ra...nt?id=10285660
    I was at the podium place at ruuhimaki. And heared Seb chatting with Yari-mattis wife. She asked how was he and his rally and he answered that the were better times and better rallys. Added later that WW times are gone and it is what it is. He looked very upset and tired. I never saw him like that before. Like he was devastated by the fact that he can't keep up with those 3 guys upfront.
    Rps13

Liked 34 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Οgiers jump from another angle
    https://youtu.be/-xNLXkDeKp0?t=167
    Heh i remember last year he lost peace of aero on the back of his Fiesta exactly at that last jump. But the jump and landing was more clear.
    Rps13

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Spectators/podium don't need to be on a flat and empty area. "Natural" earth-tribunes even artificially made with grass looks 10x better than flat empty tarmac patch.
    It's not just the Rally Finland finish area, it's used for other things throughout the year, you cannot spice it up with trees and grass just for the sake of this event.

12. Likes: EstWRC (5th August 2019),tommeke_B (5th August 2019)
    Liked 158 Times in 85 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Any more opinions on that big jump at the end of the PS ?
    I found it a bit silly.

14. Likes: mknight (5th August 2019),Rally Power (7th August 2019),RS (6th August 2019)