Page 93 of 97 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It's not just the Rally Finland finish area, it's used for other things throughout the year, you cannot spice it up with trees and grass just for the sake of this event.
    Then as long as it stays like this this comment sums it up for me as well:

Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    I found it a bit silly.

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    For me Breen definitely secured a contract with some team for next year, really great performance from him. Mikkelsen did also really well considering its one of his weakest rallies.
    He came 7th (really 6th before giving the place to Neuville) out of 8 WRC finishers.

But he did do the job expected of him, i.e finish without incident.

I think he has put himself solidly in place on the list of drivers who will be considered next year, by any team that wants a reliable finisher.
    Last edited by Morte66; 5th August 2019 at 20:22.

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    it cant be that crap if second year in a row its fighting for the win on the first day and in the end is second. Lappi was also second in Sweden, so the Citroen must be quite good on fast stuff.
    Do not look the difference behind Ott; if Ott would push like others did, he would at least 90 sec ahaed...100% sure. Ott was on a sunday drive, read the comment from EstWRC who was spectating....

Liked 629 Times in 347 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Do not look the difference behind Ott; if Ott would push like others did, he would at least 90 sec ahaed...100% sure. Ott was on a sunday drive, read the comment from EstWRC who was spectating....
    actually you were there!!

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    He came 7th (really 6th before giving the place to Neuville) out of 8 WRC finishers.

But he did do the job expected of him, i.e finish without incident.

I think he has put himself solidly in place on the list of drivers who will be considered next year, by any team that wants a reliable finisher.
    exactly, he is a perfect number two in the team

i mean, it was his FIRST WRC rally in 9 months being with FIRST time with a Hyundai what is known not to be a good car on Rally Finland and he did absolutely brilliantly, faster than Neuville who has been forever in the team.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: dimviii (5th August 2019),Mirek (5th August 2019),pantealex (6th August 2019),Winner (6th August 2019)
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    There was a pretty good head wind at the powerstage jump, maybe that created up lift when they came off the jump like it does on a ski jump?
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

8. Likes: Rallyper (6th August 2019)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ucci View Post
    Don't think it would had been 90+ seconds, unless others had issues. Already based on the power stage, he was only 0,7 faster than Neuville who was not the biggest threat during the rally. The only question would had been, who would had survived the maximum attack approach on the long run.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    exactly, he is a perfect number two in the team
    Nobody is going to hire him as "perfect number two" based on one rally.

.. faster than Neuville who has been forever in the team.
    Actually in this case being longer in the team likely wasn't really an advantage. With the upgrades the I20 turns quite different than before and Neuville had one day test mostly in rain, so suddenly the car was different than it has been for a long time.
    Last edited by mknight; 5th August 2019 at 21:06.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    The C3 has looked scary in the air for a few years. Does the rear wing have some passive aero that depends on speed? The car takes off flat but as it goes through the air (and slows down with drag) something tips it up as if a pilot was pulling back on the controls after a while. At similar speeds on smaller jumps it seems fine.

Liked 78 Times in 34 Posts
    A bit off topic and a bit late but here is a crash course to spelling the stage names right...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bzsrYyhpX4
    "San Romolo opettaa"

13. Likes: Jajá (6th August 2019),pantealex (6th August 2019),Rallyper (6th August 2019)