Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts

Talking

Lets talk Bottas

Let's not and say we did.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    I've got to disagree F1nKS. I think he will behave much more like Leclerc did in his first year at Ferrari. He said all the right things..willing to learn and be mentored and play a support roll. That only lasted as long as he was slower. As soon as he was on pace, he made the team his and was not willing to let the senior driver hang around and retire from the team at the time of his choosing. I think all (or most) F1 drivers would do the same.
    You could be right, if Hamilton does start to slow down, it would be hard to expect George to slow down with him.

But the evidence for George is there to be seen from his one race in the Mercedes last year. He didn't patiently stay behind Bottas...he went for it the second he smelled blood.
    I don't agree with you here. There should have been no expectation that George was going to bow down to Bottas - everybody knew this was his test to show where he stacked up against Bottas. I personally thought he was overrated up to this race.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    wow has it?
    I was sure he was going to williams.
    Perhaps williams didn't want him.

So I believe that Illot and DeVries are going to be at Williams in 2022
    I see Zhou becoming the Renault 3rd driver and then possibly taking over for Alonso in 2023

very interesting!
    I've heard De Vries is going to Alfa and Gio is being dropped with Kimi retiring. I'm not as convinced on this as the other rumour though. This is just what I've heard disclaimer so maybe none of it will come to pass. All will be confirmed over coming days I suspect.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Well at least we had something to fill the gap after Spa.

Merc would be fools to not have Russell, and personally I think if he ends up in a Merc they will allow him to race Lewis. With the new cars they will both be having to get the feel, and holding anyone back would be foolish. I do expect the field to tighten up, after all if the cars are slower more drivers should be able to find the limits of them on a more regular basis. If Lewis gets the WDC this year it might be to George's benefit, as Lewis might not race quite so hard for another title once he already has the more WDC's. Then again..... he might race even harder wanting to get that first title in the new hardware.

Until it all happens we can't be sure. George should fill that void better than Bottas IMHO, as he is still very hungry and has a better chance at challenging for wins. And we still don't know where Merc will fall with the new cars, though it seems they have put a lot of budget towards their effort.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Well at least we had something to fill the gap after Spa.

Merc would be fools to not have Russell, and personally I think if he ends up in a Merc they will allow him to race Lewis. With the new cars they will both be having to get the feel, and holding anyone back would be foolish. I do expect the field to tighten up, after all if the cars are slower more drivers should be able to find the limits of them on a more regular basis. If Lewis gets the WDC this year it might be to George's benefit, as Lewis might not race quite so hard for another title once he already has the more WDC's. Then again..... he might race even harder wanting to get that first title in the new hardware.

Until it all happens we can't be sure. George should fill that void better than Bottas IMHO, as he is still very hungry and has a better chance at challenging for wins. And we still don't know where Merc will fall with the new cars, though it seems they have put a lot of budget towards their effort.
    I think Toto all but acknowledged that Russel is coming to Mercedes. From every perspective it makes sense for 2022.
    I think the only hold up is where Bottas is going to land and Toto probably (although it really is out of his control IMO) wants to ensure that before making the announcement. He said as much.
    But it is just wasting everybody's time and I'm sure Bottas and his team are capable of finding their own deal.
    We shall see.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    I agree.... but then again I haven't heard any of it out of Toto's mouth.

I've seen so many articles claiming differing things that it might just be a media storm about nothing. Somebody in that mix is probably rights.... but maybe not as well.

At this point it would almost be comical to find out nobody is moving.

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I've heard De Vries is going to Alfa and Gio is being dropped with Kimi retiring. I'm not as convinced on this as the other rumour though. This is just what I've heard disclaimer so maybe none of it will come to pass. All will be confirmed over coming days I suspect.

Kimi retiring from F1. This article in ESPN reporting pretty much everything I mentioned above:

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...nt-f1-end-2021

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Kimi retiring from F1. This article in ESPN reporting pretty much everything I mentioned above:

https://www.espn.co.uk/f1/story/_/id...nt-f1-end-2021
    The Iceman is bowing out at the end of the season. Which means, there is a good chance Bottas is heading to Alfa Romeo. my instincts say he would be heading back to Williams to lead the team. The recent showings might suggest Williams might have a good car in the new era.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: truefan72 (6th September 2021),Zico (6th September 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Don't know what any team sees in him bar unquestionable loyalty.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk