Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Don't know what any team sees in him bar unquestionable loyalty.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    To be fair, he is mostly doing what Mercedes need from #2 driver. He actually can qualify pretty well. His only downside is when he doesn't qualify well, then he struggles to fight through.

It must be nice for Mercedes to have a future #1 driver ready to replace their #2.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 6th September 2021 at 14:57.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Don't know what any team sees in him bar unquestionable loyalty.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
    Bottas is as quick as Hamilton on his day. Driving in the shadow of a larger than life multiple world champion is daunting, to say the least. He never quite recovered from the reality of how good Hamilton was. That took the fire from his performance. I think as lead driver at Alfa Romeo, he would show his real talent. Assuming Alfa make a good 2022 car.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: N. Jones (12th September 2021),pantealex (7th September 2021)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Funny how Toto Wolff could possibly block Albon from joining Williams because of the Mercedes engines, but was instrumental in getting Bottas to Alfa Romero with Ferrari engines. SMH
    you can't argue with results.

5. Likes: pantealex (7th September 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Funny how Toto Wolff could possibly block Albon from joining Williams because of the Mercedes engines, but was instrumental in getting Bottas to Alfa Romero with Ferrari engines. SMH
    Toto argument that he is afraid Albon would pass data to RB really doesn't hold up when you consider that Red Bull has poached the Mercedes engine engineering team.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    I think it is all about the sithing rivalry between the two team bosses. Horner made it a thing and Woolf reacted. When could have easily sort this out over a friendly drink or lunch. I did not think Albon was going to get that seat because Williams is the equivalent of Redbull's Alpha Tauri for their junior driver programme. When you look at it from this perspective, Redbull is stretching their driver programme to Williams at Mercedes expense. It was not going to happen.

Mercedes need to ensure they have a seat for De Vries. Besides, that seat would leak info to Redbull on future technical development on the Mercedes Engine which is also a problem. That was the same reason why Ocon had to seat out a year.
    William Shakespeare

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Overall I feel Bottas made a couple of errors in the wet this year and was publicly defensive. If it is true he was offered a one year deal and refused it then I think it was the wrong move.

That said, in general, he has been treated poorly as a number two driver by Mercedes. I feel other drivers may have accepted this role more back in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think it is all about the sithing rivalry between the two team bosses. Horner made it a thing and Woolf reacted. When could have easily sort this out over a friendly drink or lunch. I did not think Albon was going to get that seat because Williams is the equivalent of Redbull's Alpha Tauri for their junior driver programme. When you look at it from this perspective, Redbull is stretching their driver programme to Williams at Mercedes expense. It was not going to happen.

Mercedes need to ensure they have a seat for De Vries. Besides, that seat would leak info to Redbull on future technical development on the Mercedes Engine which is also a problem. That was the same reason why Ocon had to seat out a year.
    How wrong l was. Albon got the seat anyway and congratulations to him. I wonder if this means Mercedes are distancing themselves from Williams with the Williams family gone.
    William Shakespeare

Junior Member Average Sim Racer's Avatar
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Regarding Bottas, my opinion is that he has a fit woman.