Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 pick'ems

Liked 443 Times in 105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Thanks for the scoring! Yes i ignored people who didn't follow the rules for typing pickems (1. Ogier or 1) Ogier etc). It is a timely exercise to convert to excel, i don't necessarily want to spend more time correcting typo.

Agree on the cage fight for equal scores, there are few specimens on this forum, that should keep us entertained for a while.

I commit myself to provide excel after each round, as long as people can create the pickem thread on the forum?

May the best win.
    I suppose the problem might be that the rules were not presented anywhere this year, so newcomers did not know. Rallyper, perhaps you can add it to the pickems threads from now on. Also remind people to check spelling. So 2 rules:

Present predictions for the first 8 positions. Predictions must be presented so that a name follows the predicted position number, there should be a single space between the number and name. Do not use any charchters, such as . or ) behind the numbers. Present predictions for the first 8 positions. Sample of correct prediction format for first 3 positions:
    1 Ogier 2 Neuville 3 Tanak

Use correct spelling of names. Using regular characters instead of special characters is allowed (a instead of ä) Other than that the spelling must be correct. For example, Tanak is ok, Tank is not ok.

The above rules are because a half-automated system is used for the pickems and predictions not made according to these rules may get ignored.

Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kradovech View Post
    I suppose the problem might be that the rules were not presented anywhere this year, so newcomers did not know. Rallyper, perhaps you can add it to the pickems threads from now on. Also remind people to check spelling. So 2 rules:

Present predictions for the first 8 positions. Predictions must be presented so that a name follows the predicted position number, there should be a single space between the number and name. Do not use any charchters, such as . or ) behind the numbers. Present predictions for the first 8 positions. Sample of correct prediction format for first 3 positions:
    1 Ogier 2 Neuville 3 Tanak

Use correct spelling of names. Using regular characters instead of special characters is allowed (a instead of ä) Other than that the spelling must be correct. For example, Tanak is ok, Tank is not ok.

The above rules are because a half-automated system is used for the pickems and predictions not made according to these rules may get ignored.
    Ok. I´ll add rules as above and startinglist. Was already thinking of that. First round was a bit in a hurry and by chance if something shouldn´t happen elsewhere...
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Started thread PICKEMS R2 Rally Sweden.

Talk and discussion, etz should be done here and not in Pickems R2 thread.

Liked 10 Times in 6 Posts
    In case you are looking for a proper platform for pickems - i'm developing just that. I posted more details here - https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...rm-By-WRC-fans

Good modificatioin/new feature ideas will be developed asap

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Started thread PICKEMS R2 Rally Sweden.

Talk and discussion, etz should be done here and not in Pickems R2 thread.
    OK i'll put the data together and share with Kradovech in the coming days.

Side note, shall the pickem not close BEFORE the shakedown? My memory tells me it was like that last year and i think thats the way it should be. (ie big crash during shakedown -> not possible to start rally -> opportunity for last minute change of pickem which is not favorable for people outside rally time zone like me ).

Well I believe it should definitely close before first stage, this time it was closed 21:00 UTC, right after SS1 had finished. I believe Per probably made a small miscalculation there.

I think the rules should probably be what people are used to from previous year. If it was indeed closed before shakedown, lets go with that.

I think closing time used to be after first MM stage back in time. But could easily be changed from now on to next round. Closing time after SD then. No problem.

PS. Have you enough time to clear out WRC2 also? Just for this rally... Would be appreciated, I know it would.

Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    i'll try to do the WRC2 too... may come a bit later.

PS: closing BEFORE SD! thanks.

I am finished with the results from Sweden. Credit goes also to Rallyper for posting and closing the thread on time and to spiderem for providing me with the raw data.

Since 2 players used one driver twice in their predictions there is a need to once more clarify the rules. If a player uses the same driver in their predictions more than once, (For example 1 Ogier 2 Ogier 3 Ogier 4 Lappi 5 Lappi 6 Tanak 7 Lappi 8 Tanak) score is awarded only for the least accurate prediction. Go ahead and discuss or overrule this rule. I don't like adding rules in the middle of the competition but I think we can all agree these type of predictions are not in the spirit of the game. To be clear, I do believe in this instance it was a simple mistake in both cases.

As before, please check your scores and PM me within a week if you find mistakes.

Rally Sweden
    It is a lower scoring round compared to MC, Ogier is to be blamed for that. Dupanton has emerged victorious with 65 points.

Overall standings
    The lowest score has been subtracted, for most it was the Sweden's score. Because of this the overall standing have not changed in the top 16 but there is a long season still ahead.

Last edited by Kradovech; 3rd March 2019 at 22:58.

11. Likes: Co-driven (25th February 2019),Eli (23rd February 2019),Entertainer (25th February 2019),EstWRC (23rd February 2019),Mintexmemory (23rd February 2019),TWRC (23rd February 2019)