Page 102 of 102 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102
Results 1,011 to 1,019 of 1019
    Liked 97 Times in 46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    So it's not like Tanak and Latvala drove exactly the same way like others now in Corsica and "weak rims" failed them. No, they cut more than all others (Latvala especially) and the rims were the first things to break.
    Maybe it was driver error this time, but still Tanak and Latvala have probably kept their driving style similar in previous years and did we ever saw rim breaks when they were driving with Polo / Fiesta? They drive as they are used to understand that should be ok for car (rims) to handle.
    Last edited by Japé; 6th April 2019 at 07:16.

2. Likes: EstWRC (6th April 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Japé View Post
    Maybe it was driver error this time, but still Tanak and Latvala have probably kept their driving style similar in previous years and did we ever saw rim breaks when they were driving with Polo / Fiesta? They drive as they are used to understand that should be ok for car (rims) to handle.
    We don't have to go further than last year and the one before. The only Toyota puncture we saw was Lappi in 2018 and he went wide into a curb.

Liked 102 Times in 45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    We don't have to go further than last year and the one before. The only Toyota puncture we saw was Lappi in 2018 and he went wide into a curb.
    + Only from tarmac 2018: In Monte Lappi had one. In Catalunya Latvala had one (hit guard rail) also Tänak had one.

Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    + Only from tarmac 2018: In Monte Lappi had one. In Catalunya Latvala had one (hit guard rail) also Tänak had one.
    Lappi also had an off in Monte. Tänak in Catalunya 2018 was on the monsoon tyres which have a higher puncture risk?

Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    Monsoon tyre? He had softs and they have thinner sidewall, but still it was the rim that broke..

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    It was the rim in Catalunya yes, but it was also that new raintyre, introduced around and succesfully used by Tänak in ADAC 2017.

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    my last 2 cents about this rim/tyre problem of Toyota

Tänaks father says its the rim that breaks first and then causes the puncture.

Gustav Kruuda was also speculating that it may not only be the rim, but the whole package or design of suspension, rim and etc, which doesnt soften the hard hits from cuts and so on. any thoughts on that Mirek, dimviii or other guys here who know better? Sorry for my bad explanation here, im not the best at this but i think you get what he is thinking.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    It was the rim in Catalunya yes, but it was also that new raintyre, introduced around and succesfully used by Tänak in ADAC 2017.
    I forgot to reply to this but do I remember correctly that the rain tyre has a higher puncture risk? The puncture also happened on the loop where the most rainy stage was cancelled.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I forgot to reply to this but do I remember correctly that the rain tyre has a higher puncture risk? The puncture also happened on the loop where the most rainy stage was cancelled.
    Yes, i believe you were correct.

They were aiming for the whole loop, especially the first one (cancelled, a lot of talks again from Mäkinen), did well on the second one and punctured/broke the rim on the third one.