Page 5 of 102 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    if you crash a rally car at 200km/hr on a solid object you are going to die no matter if the camera is present in the car or not...
    Which is pretty stupid argument. The aim of safety features is to lower the risk. Under this logic you don't need any safety features at all if you die anyway. Safety features lower the risk step by step. Adding additional risk factor is simply negating the effort spent on the safety.

a go pro hero 7 weighs IN TOTAL 116 grams... can you name a METAL component in that camera that can penetrate a helmet ?
    Fixation joint for sure, accumulator, lens likely. It's not the camera alone what brakes the helmet, it's the impact of the head+helmet+camera into something but since the camera may happen to be placed in between the solid obstacle (rollcage) and the helmet it means that the parts of the camera will be pushed into the helmet. And it's absolutely clear that having nothing there is far better situation than having anything what can get inside there.

comparing the energy of bullets what fly at a straight line with the forces developed in a car crash and are in multiple directions almost at the same time is beyond stupid...
    Pretty ignorant statement. The initial and the heaviest impact does not develop forces in all sorts of directions. It's pretty straight. The head keeps moving in the same vector as the vehicle prior the crash. Since the bodyshell is the the first one to be hit by the obstacle, the body/head albeit partially restricted keeps moving in the same original vector until it is stopped by secondary impact into the vehicle body or by seat belts/seat/HANS.

This "almost at the same time" statement shows that You have no understanding of the crash mechanics. There is nothing like almost same time.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: cali (21st March 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjQmPx-Oe6U

most of metal components are inside the camera and they do not posses the mass to penetrate a helmet and you can redesign most of them from softer materials as well... they need to break out of the plastic casing and still carry energy to penetrate a helmet... it is simply impossible.

do you see an accumulator capable of doing any damage in there ?

by almost the same time i mean that on ms 1 you have a force pushing forward then at the 2nd ms a force pushing up ects... its a crash.

why put the camera between the roll cage and the helmet ???? you want to camera to point the road not the back of the helmet...

what is so different having a camera on the dashboard with having a camera on the side of a helmet...

hey look mirek !!!!!! a helmet camera used in a motorsport with cars going 300km/hr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TWLYe6WGpg

go ahead inform them how dangerous they are... before someone gets hurt....

fixation joints can be made of plastic
    Last edited by N.O.T; 21st March 2019 at 10:20.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Vague talk like "loads of G" is completely useless. What do You know about them? Is 10 G peak dangerous if You fall down on the ground on Your head? Tell me.
    You don´t know what I know.
    The way you argue is kind of mastering that I don´t like. Please be more humble.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 126 Times in 38 Posts

[WRC] Tour de Corse 2019

Last edited by Co-FIN; 13th October 2021 at 23:56.

6. Likes: pantealex (21st March 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    Quote Originally Posted by Co-FIN View Post
    Sometimes the level of stupidy (NOThing) in this forum goes beyond my understanding.

Wonder why they dont glue GoPros to helmets in F1.. .

If helmet manufacturer makes FIA approved helmet with camera mounting it will be fine. Otherwise it’s only in testing. For sure it looks nicer, no argue on that.

The way onboard cameras are mounted to rollcages is 1000x more safer than with sticker in helmet.
    i guess nascar does not care about safety....

F1 is open cockpit

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    You don´t know what I know.
    The way you argue is kind of mastering that I don´t like. Please be more humble.
    I am sorry for being harsh but for me it's simply irritating when someone completely ignores technical arguments and replaces them with vague phrases with no factual meaning. I am a technical person who by accident designs car interior cameras (for safety and comfort features not video ones) and who in the past passed an exam from the vehicle passive safety on the university so I guess I shall know a thing or two about the topic.
    Last edited by Mirek; 21st March 2019 at 11:42.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

9. Likes: cali (21st March 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    I am sorry for being harsh but for me it's simply irritating when someone completely ignores technical arguments and replaces them with vague phrases with no factual meaning. I am a technical person who by accident designs car interior cameras (for safety and comfort features not video ones) and who in the past passed an exam from the vehicle passive safety on the university so I guess I shall know a thing or two about the topic.

go get them kid... show them your university test from 20 years ago if they doubt you....

LOL...

the crash was more than 200 km/hr and the camera did not even move... i had the impression cameras turn into 5.56 NATO rounds on impact !!!!! LOL

LOL...

do you think those that designed it have a university degree ?
    Last edited by N.O.T; 21st March 2019 at 11:53.

친애하는 지도자
    the setting they use is this...

in a sport were these accidents happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nil-JbQY38

but i guess in rallying were most accidents happen with less than 100km/hr cameras will penetrate helmets and probably will kill a dozen spectators as well...

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Accepted. I´ve been young too... long ago.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

13. Likes: pantealex (21st March 2019)
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So who will win? Pickems starting in a few hours...
    There is no doubt Ogier is the biggest favorite, maybe even bigger than in Mexico.
    Reasons are very much the same, historically very good rally for both him and the car.

Tanak has to be a favorite as well after finishing 2nd last year and leading the championship now.

Meeke is a joker here, again very much for same reason like in Mexico, historically very good speed here but also 3 retirements out of last 3 rounds (1 co-driver error, 1 technical, 1 own error).

Lappi is a very interesting joker due to his speed last year and driving Citroen now, but so was he in Mexico and the speed wasn't all that good. Also made a mistake that effectively cost him 3rd here last year.

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.
    Last edited by mknight; 21st March 2019 at 16:56.

15. Likes: AnttiL (21st March 2019)