Page 6 of 102 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast
    Liked 296 Times in 135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There is no doubt Ogier is the biggest favorite, maybe even bigger than in Mexico.
    Reasons are very much the same, historically very good rally for both him and the car.

Tanak has to be a favorite as well after finishing 2nd last year and leading the championship now.

Meeke is a joker here, again very much for same reason like in Mexico, historically very good speed here but also 3 retirements out of last 3 rounds (1 co-driver error, 1 technical, 1 own error).

Lappi is a very interesting joker due to his speed last year and driving Citroen now, but so was he in Mexico and the speed wasn't all that good. Also made a mistake that effectively cost him 3rd here last year.

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.
    Thanks for stopping the GForce-Camera-helmet penis measuring contest.

2. Likes: Allez Andruet (22nd March 2019),cali (22nd March 2019),EstWRC (21st March 2019),Micke_VOC (27th March 2019),pantealex (21st March 2019),Rallyper (22nd March 2019),RAS007 (22nd March 2019),Timmy (21st March 2019)
    Liked 48 Times in 20 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiderem View Post
    Thanks for stopping the GForce-Camera-helmet penis measuring contest.
    +1!

Liked 833 Times in 405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    There is no doubt Ogier is the biggest favorite, maybe even bigger than in Mexico.
    Reasons are very much the same, historically very good rally for both him and the car.

Tanak has to be a favorite as well after finishing 2nd last year and leading the championship now.

Meeke is a joker here, again very much for same reason like in Mexico, historically very good speed here but also 3 retirements out of last 3 rounds (1 co-driver error, 1 technical, 1 own error).

Lappi is a very interesting joker due to his speed last year and driving Citroen now, but so was he in Mexico and the speed wasn't all that good. Also made a mistake that effectively cost him 3rd here last year.

None of the other drivers are straight top 3 favorites for me for multiple reasons. Hyundai is likely to struggle a lot since it doesn't look like they make any big changes on tarmac, but there could be surprises. Without them I'd expect something like 4th place (speedwise) for Neuville with Loeb and Sordo being behind that. For Latvala, this is not really the kind of rally that helps building confidence, so I doubt he will have top pace consistently for whole rally. Evans usually does well here but really doubt it will be top 3 level. Suninen never drove here in WRC and in R5 he wasn't exactly fastest either, needs to keep it on the road now as well.
    For me the favorite is Tanak, especially if rain is on his side, but Ogier is definitely going to be up there. Neuville, so long as he doesn't complain about anything, ought to be quick as well. I don't see anyone outside these three challenging for the win, unless Meeke pulls off a Spain 2017 or Latvala a Corsica 2015.

Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    i mostly agree with you but with few exceptions.

The only and one favourite for me this event is Ogier. He won it in 2016, would have won it in 2017 if the Fiesta didnt break up and won by a mile last year. Ogier + C3 + Corsican roads = WIN.

the dark horses for me are Meeke and Lappi. Meeke has shown amazing speed here previously and was very good in Monte with the Toyota. I woudnt be surprised if he is the fastest Toyota. Lappi showed great speed last year and should be even better this year with the C3.

Tänak - this is his least favourite event of the year and he has openly admitted he doesnt like it much. Struggled massively last year on Friday but then picked the speed up. But he has definitely podium speed and should collect as many points as possible from this event, after this all the events suit him and the Toyota.

IMO Neuville did quite well last year and should be up there as well. Evans likes this event and has done well here previously. and of course we cant forget the one and only Loeb, was one of the fastest last year on Saturday and Sunday.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Yr.no giving rain for the week but not for the weekend

Liked 801 Times in 417 Posts
    Even showing lots of snow at higher altidude. Could be crazy conditions if the forecast holds...but I doubt it.

SS1 Bavella http://prntscr.com/n16fzp

This stage is the one with the highest altitude level.

8. Likes: AnttiL (21st March 2019)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    #WRC @AMikkelsenRally in AutoHebdo: "It was not easy to hear that I would not Run in Corsica. It Was a terrible thing. But I must accept and respect the team's decision if they believe that with another alignment they will achieve a good result. I Am a good asphalt pilot, I won in Spain "

#WRC @AMikkelsenRally in AutoHebdo: "But my last year's results on asphalt were very bad. My absence may be repeated in Germany and Spain. But we will have to wait for the result of Corsica. If It doesn't work, there will be no reason to make changes "

11. Likes: AnttiL (22nd March 2019),RS (22nd March 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Well that would be a real throwback, wouldn't it? Tour de Corse with snow here and there. Bring it on.

I'd be massively surprised if the winner isn't Ogier or Tänak. Seb II is obviously capable of dominating on these roads and the C3 surely won't make his bid any weaker. Tänak's done so amazing things with the Yaris that he just can't be written off anywhere, no matter what the conditions are. Hyundai seems to be that tiny but oh so decisive bit behind Citroen and Toyota on tarmac that Neuville has to settle for positions 2-4.

As much as I hate to say this, but I don't count on the Finns on this event at all. Lappi should have everything in place for a strong result, but that's been the case so many times during the past 15 months or so, that I just wouldn't bet my money on him. For JML I don't even wanna make predictions anymore, we all know the story. Everything - literally everything - from glorious triumph to utter disaster is possible. And Suninen... well, it would be nice not to use Rally2 for once. But it sure won't be easy to match Evans on this one.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

13. Likes: EstWRC (22nd March 2019),pantealex (24th March 2019),steve.mandzij (23rd March 2019)