Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Tanak wasn't fast enough in Monte power stage then apparently had a slow puncture or something in Mexico (which explains another poor time?). Meeke hasn't exactly hampered Ott, you can say he's even helped a bit this year in Monte especially, and maybe Mexico too by taking pts from Neuville ×2 and Ogier once, just as much as you can say he's purely taking pts away from Ott. You can't sign someone like Meeke and expect him to drive at snails pace outside the top 5 in every power stage, that isnt realistic. Tanak has to take care of his own power stages (which he did in Sweden).

Meeke will play a team game later in the season I'm sure. After all, he'll want Tommi to take up that one year contract extension and supporting Tanak and Toyota is going to help with that. Jari hopefully will find some sort of speed and better results later in the season too, because strong and fast team mates can be more of a benefit to Tanak than a hindrance if managed correctly.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    so how you explain Neuvilles(leader of the rally) the 0,5sec/km from Evans?
    Sordo 1 sec/km?
    I don't believe for a second that Neuville would give up his first place willingly.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Good job I was watching the first stage lying down (in bed) !

Just stunned by Evans performance, blowing Neuville and everyone else away. Incredible.

4. Likes: Sulland (31st March 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    None of them starts regularly. Hardly very relevant for the mousse or no mousse decision. Also as somebody already pointed out mousse is not that expensive when compared to overall and other particular expenses.
    just for reference,mousse dont work every time,plenty of times,while they were installed at rim,when puncture didnt worked.
    All these with the technology they had plenty years back
    Another point is that mousse was distracting cars bahaviour due to wheel weight.
    Some crews preffered to dont fit mousse wheels at some stages/occasions,and drive cleaner avoiding cuts,to benefit from a better response car.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    You can't sign someone like Meeke and expect him to drive at snails pace outside the top 5 in every power stage, that isnt realistic. ..

Meeke will play a team game later in the season I'm sure. After all, he'll want Tommi to take up that one year contract extension and supporting Tanak and Toyota is going to help with that. Jari hopefully will find some sort of speed and better results later in the season too, because strong and fast team mates can be more of a benefit to Tanak than a hindrance if managed correctly.
    As a manager you can ask for what you want, how drivers react is something else. (ref. McRae in Spain 1995). Meeke was certainly not in a position to dictate much with 1 year contract, specially before the start of the year (ref. press release).

What imo is happening is that now he (rightfully) feels his position is stronger due to Latvala's form relative to his own and starts to talk about driver champ more vocally.

Either case Makinen is not doing any team prioritizing just yet, whether it's good or bad decision is an open question without clear answer. If he did maybe Meeke/Latvala would loose motivation, atmosphere in team gets bad etc.... , if he doesn't maybe they will loose a championship due to that.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    I don't believe for a second that Neuville would give up his first place willingly.
    i am almost sure that thats performance is under Adamo orders.
    Neuville worst stage at Corsica was stage 4 where he lost 6,5 sec at 17,6 stage kms.This stage was the worst for all hyundais
    take a look at Sordo and Loeb too
    https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...2019/?s=218773

Sordo with brake problems midstage while he is slow at 1st split.
    After midstage with the brake problem lost less than from stage start(strange brake problem)

and Neuvilles comment that car is good but it moves a lot.
    How is it good when moves a lot?
    Also if you take a look Hyundai with this result is leading manufacture points,and seems that this is the target at all costs.
    Last edited by dimviii; 31st March 2019 at 11:35.

Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Powerstage starting order #TourdeCorse - Gryazin, Pieniazek, Latvala, Meeke, Loeb, Lappi, Tänak, Suninen, Sordo, Ogier, Neuville, Evans
    Strange put WRC2 lead battles in opposite side of starting order.

Liked 12,170 Times in 5,219 Posts
    this is now gonna be interesting...will the TOP3 wanting to take max points to start first in Argentina, or not?

Ogier usually doesnt care and always goes for 5 points but the Citroen isnt good here on those fast stages, and the power is very fast too, same for Neuville and Hyundai. Ott should be in a good position for this but i think Meeke will take the 5 points. Cant rule out Evans taking 5 too.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Me neither, Neuville is just 5s behind Ogier who was pushing and 7s behind Tanak. Furthermore Loeb is much slower and Sordo's brake problems could have cost him anything from 1 to 30 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    this is now gonna be interesting...will the TOP3 wanting to take max points to start first in Argentina, or not?

Ogier usually doesnt care and always goes for 5 points but the Citroen isnt good here on those fast stages, and the power is very fast too, same for Neuville and Hyundai. Ott should be in a good position for this but i think Meeke will take the 5 points. Cant rule out Evans taking 5 too.
    I'd say end of last season confirmed what MSport and Ogier said. It's always better to actually have the points than to potentially be able to score more points on next rally.

It's 5 gravel rallies next, so small point differences will change quickly.