Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 93
  1. #21
    Senior Member SubaruNorway's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Biri, Norway
    Posts
    4,107
    Like
    50
    Liked 1,071 Times in 417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Sounds like a correct description and it definitely doesn't work when there's a small jump in the middle of the corner!
    https://youtu.be/H8XC-eaWp0g?t=35
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

  2. Likes: Micke_VOC (12th January 2019),TWRC (12th January 2019)
  3. #22
    Senior Member Allez Andruet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    680
    Like
    731
    Liked 988 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Seriously, Eerik is the one I would name here. He was outright unbeatable in Finland once he stepped in an R5. But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.

    Henrik is Eerik's brother and is now stepping up to R5 for this season. I don't know much about him but if Eerik talks little in interviews, Henrik talks even less.

    Emil Lindholm is Sebastian Lindholm's son. He seems to be promising, but hasn't been able to match Kalle or Eerik in the races they have done together. Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Word, word and word.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

  4. #23
    Senior Member skarderud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    lillehammer
    Posts
    839
    Like
    666
    Liked 289 Times in 133 Posts
    Steve Røkland, Norway, fastest 2wd driver, won BRC, dreams about JWRC but don't have the fundings. Really don't understand why some of the sponsors and managment in Norway don't help him.

    Sindre Furuseth also has some potential, really bad season in ERC last year with an unreable Adam R2, try to rent a fiesta in JWRC in 19.



    Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

    KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

  5. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019)
  6. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    67
    Like
    39
    Liked 76 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    That's all? :P

    Seriously, Eerik is the one I would name here. He was outright unbeatable in Finland once he stepped in an R5. But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.

    Henrik is Eerik's brother and is now stepping up to R5 for this season. I don't know much about him but if Eerik talks little in interviews, Henrik talks even less.

    Emil Lindholm is Sebastian Lindholm's son. He seems to be promising, but hasn't been able to match Kalle or Eerik in the races they have done together. Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Eerik and Lindholm were both beaten by Gryazin in September last year on the Finnish SM Teijo Talot-ralli. So not quite ' outright unbeatable'.

  7. Likes: Rallyper (12th January 2019)
  8. #25
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    7,068
    Like
    218
    Liked 2,167 Times in 1,003 Posts
    And dont forget that one thing is to be fast "at home" and quite different is to be fast also abroad.

  9. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019),Jeppe (13th January 2019),Mirek (12th January 2019),pantealex (12th January 2019),TWRC (12th January 2019)
  10. #26
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,401
    Like
    3,347
    Liked 3,572 Times in 1,529 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    Eerik and Lindholm were both beaten by Gryazin in September last year on the Finnish SM Teijo Talot-ralli. So not quite ' outright unbeatable'.
    My point was that in the very first rally he did with that car, he won all the stages, beating the previous champions right away. In that last event you mention, Eerik was already confirmed champion so he probably took it easier. But yeah, I would name Gryazin also for this thread, a fast, talented young guy.

    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    And dont forget that one thing is to be fast "at home" and quite different is to be fast also abroad.
    I think I didn't

  11. Likes: Got Mail (12th January 2019)
  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,476
    Like
    439
    Liked 1,016 Times in 406 Posts
    From France: Adrian Fourmeaux. French Junior Champion. Very little experience but I saw him drive twice and he looked very impressive. Dominated the season in France. Debuted in an R5 car in Rallye du Var and was straight away on the pace for the podium. But he crashed in the end.
    He will do WRC2 next year with experienced codriver Renaud Jamoul. Someone to look out for.

    From UK: In Ypres I saw a few talented drivers, who could compete with the local drivers in R2: Callum Devine in 2017 and James Williams in 2018. Callum Devine did some JWRC rallies last year but didn't impress there.

  13. #28
    Senior Member PLuto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Zlin
    Posts
    7,068
    Like
    218
    Liked 2,167 Times in 1,003 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    From UK: In Ypres I saw a few talented drivers, who could compete with the local drivers in R2: Callum Devine in 2017 and James Williams in 2018. Callum Devine did some JWRC rallies last year but didn't impress there.
    Great example of young talented drivers, who were stepping up directly to JWRC and were not ready for it...

  14. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019)
  15. #29
    Senior Member Jarek Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Wroclaw
    Posts
    6,395
    Like
    2,027
    Liked 1,769 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    I don’t think there’s anyone in the UK who has as much talent as Chris Ingram.
    How about Gus Greensmith? Only 22 years old and already 4th in WRC2:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/results...37-256---.html

    He seems to be fast and consistent, at least in an R5 car, and has much experience despite young age.
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/drivers...8/drivers/6157
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

  16. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    862
    Like
    395
    Liked 453 Times in 230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    How about Gus Greensmith? Only 22 years old and already 4th in WRC2:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/results...37-256---.html

    He seems to be fast and consistent, at least in an R5 car, and has much experience despite young age.
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/drivers...8/drivers/6157
    We'll find out this year, he's doing a nearly full WRC2 campaign with a WRC round in Portugal.

    In addition, Brits like Jon Armstrong, Osian Pryce and Chris Ingram are all very quick (and Rob Duggan from Ireland), but there's very little backing around to support them stepping up. That said, it's fair to argue that none of them have shown the same promise that Evans did previously.
    Last edited by dodge33cymru; 13th January 2019 at 10:36. Reason: me getting Rob Duggan's nationality wrong
    aka Rodger Davies

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •