Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Sounds like a correct description and it definitely doesn't work when there's a small jump in the middle of the corner!
    https://youtu.be/H8XC-eaWp0g?t=35
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: Micke_VOC (12th January 2019),TWRC (12th January 2019)
    Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Seriously, Eerik is the one I would name here. He was outright unbeatable in Finland once he stepped in an R5. But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.

Henrik is Eerik's brother and is now stepping up to R5 for this season. I don't know much about him but if Eerik talks little in interviews, Henrik talks even less.

Emil Lindholm is Sebastian Lindholm's son. He seems to be promising, but hasn't been able to match Kalle or Eerik in the races they have done together. Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Word, word and word.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 793 Times in 377 Posts
    Steve Røkland, Norway, fastest 2wd driver, won BRC, dreams about JWRC but don't have the fundings. Really don't understand why some of the sponsors and managment in Norway don't help him.

Sindre Furuseth also has some potential, really bad season in ERC last year with an unreable Adam R2, try to rent a fiesta in JWRC in 19.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

5. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019)
    Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    That's all? :P

Seriously, Eerik is the one I would name here. He was outright unbeatable in Finland once he stepped in an R5. But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.

Henrik is Eerik's brother and is now stepping up to R5 for this season. I don't know much about him but if Eerik talks little in interviews, Henrik talks even less.

Emil Lindholm is Sebastian Lindholm's son. He seems to be promising, but hasn't been able to match Kalle or Eerik in the races they have done together. Emil is also quite prone to crashes. He also once explained his driving style as "going fast to corners, braking late and throwing the car sideways". Sorry, but that's not the style that wins championships, although it gains you popularity within spectators.
    Eerik and Lindholm were both beaten by Gryazin in September last year on the Finnish SM Teijo Talot-ralli. So not quite ' outright unbeatable'.

7. Likes: Rallyper (12th January 2019)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    And dont forget that one thing is to be fast "at home" and quite different is to be fast also abroad.

9. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019),Jeppe (13th January 2019),Mirek (12th January 2019),pantealex (12th January 2019),TWRC (12th January 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Got Mail View Post
    Eerik and Lindholm were both beaten by Gryazin in September last year on the Finnish SM Teijo Talot-ralli. So not quite ' outright unbeatable'.
    My point was that in the very first rally he did with that car, he won all the stages, beating the previous champions right away. In that last event you mention, Eerik was already confirmed champion so he probably took it easier. But yeah, I would name Gryazin also for this thread, a fast, talented young guy.

But his pace on other surfaces than fast gravel or snow are yet to be seen (save for an outing at an Italian event). He has a lot to learn.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    And dont forget that one thing is to be fast "at home" and quite different is to be fast also abroad.
    I think I didn't

11. Likes: Got Mail (12th January 2019)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    From France: Adrian Fourmeaux. French Junior Champion. Very little experience but I saw him drive twice and he looked very impressive. Dominated the season in France. Debuted in an R5 car in Rallye du Var and was straight away on the pace for the podium. But he crashed in the end.
    He will do WRC2 next year with experienced codriver Renaud Jamoul. Someone to look out for.

From UK: In Ypres I saw a few talented drivers, who could compete with the local drivers in R2: Callum Devine in 2017 and James Williams in 2018. Callum Devine did some JWRC rallies last year but didn't impress there.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    From UK: In Ypres I saw a few talented drivers, who could compete with the local drivers in R2: Callum Devine in 2017 and James Williams in 2018. Callum Devine did some JWRC rallies last year but didn't impress there.
    Great example of young talented drivers, who were stepping up directly to JWRC and were not ready for it...

14. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Whinlatter View Post
    I don’t think there’s anyone in the UK who has as much talent as Chris Ingram.
    How about Gus Greensmith? Only 22 years old and already 4th in WRC2:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/results...37-256---.html

He seems to be fast and consistent, at least in an R5 car, and has much experience despite young age.
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/drivers...8/drivers/6157
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    How about Gus Greensmith? Only 22 years old and already 4th in WRC2:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/results...37-256---.html

He seems to be fast and consistent, at least in an R5 car, and has much experience despite young age.
    https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc-2/drivers...8/drivers/6157
    We'll find out this year, he's doing a nearly full WRC2 campaign with a WRC round in Portugal.

In addition, Brits like Jon Armstrong, Osian Pryce and Chris Ingram are all very quick (and Rob Duggan from Ireland), but there's very little backing around to support them stepping up. That said, it's fair to argue that none of them have shown the same promise that Evans did previously.
    Last edited by dodge33cymru; 13th January 2019 at 10:36. Reason: me getting Rob Duggan's nationality wrong
    aka Rodger Davies