Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 43 Times in 15 Posts
    If you want to add more Estonians to the list, then Ken Torn definitely.

2. Likes: cali (17th January 2019),Entertainer (17th January 2019),EstWRC (17th January 2019),Rallyper (17th January 2019),sindroms (17th January 2019)
    Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maailmameister View Post
    Martin Sesks nationality is Latvian, not Estonian. A small mistake on the front page
    Ah shit of course he is, sorry all Latvians. Will correct tonight.

Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maailmameister View Post
    If you want to add more Estonians to the list, then Ken Torn definitely.
    Yeah Ken should be in there, cracking performance last year in JWRC. Added

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    For example - Loubet. 4 years in WRC and not a single good result. How can you compare him with Rovanperä, Greensmith or Gryazin?
    Loubet is bigger talent than Greensmith

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    Yeah Ken should be in there, cracking performance last year in JWRC. Added
    He was able to make some nice stage times, but he was not ready to compete on WRC level...

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    He was able to make some nice stage times, but he was not ready to compete on WRC level...
    Who are these drivers that took enough time in the national/ERC championships and came straight into the needed WRC level?

Most of the time I see you commenting in WRC thread posts you're always commenting "He is too soon in/he was not ready" comments. Please tell us when a driver is ready to join the valued "WRC level"?
    Kajto won 3 straight ERC titles but still his best WRC2 result was 4th, In Turkey he lost almost 3 minutes to a winner and in Catalunya he lost 2mins to one of the drivers that you have said "joined WRC level too early"

Where is the line? When are you suppose to join J/WRC/2/3?

Is Lukyanuk now finally ready to join WRC2 boys? Is Sesks ready to join JWRC? what about Kristensson who lost the U27 title to a 19 year old kid from Latvia? Maybe Kajto should do couple seasons in some national series to gain some speed?

8. Likes: cali (18th January 2019),leighton323 (18th January 2019)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    No formula for that.

I think it´s the overall person and what he/she did.

Of course results and tactics and not least speed. Also mental abilities counts.

Once they take one step up, you get a partial result or key for that specific person. And maybe so a more relevant judgement of top level rallying.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 168 Times in 98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Any ideas about talents in South America? Aside from Zaldívar who's doing JWRC this year the only other name I know is Marquito Bulacia who hasn't been impressive in WRC2 to say the least...
    Unfortunately, not. Besides the two you mentioned, there is the older brother of Fabrizio, named Miguel Zaldivar (as his father). I don't know his exact age, but he must be between 20 and 22 years old. He did some events in R5 car, some good times but still behind Saba and Dominguez.

There is another one or two young Bolivian drivers, besides Bulacia, but still haven't shown any good results internationally.

And there is Diego Dominguez jr, son of Diego Dominguez, I think 19 years old. If I am not mistaken, he was 2wd Codasur Champion in 2018. Had a huge crash in the last event of Paraguayan Championship.

But still, all of them have a lot to prove yet.

11. Likes: steve.mandzij (19th January 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    Most of the time I see you commenting in WRC thread posts you're always commenting "He is too soon in/he was not ready" comments. Please tell us when a driver is ready to join the valued "WRC level"?
    By now we all know that Pluto’s wish seems to be having lots of drivers joining the ERC without never leaving it…

Btw, iniattly I thougth the topic was about young guys starting a career but once it’s also open to not that young drivers from any series, here’s my list of the U30 guys I’m curious to see this year:
    WRC: Tidemand; WRC2 Pro: Rovanpera; WRC2: Gryazin; JWRC: Sesks; ERC U28: Wagner (hope at least one of them will be there); ERC U27: Llarena; Portuguese Championship (CPR): Miguel Correia (he’s 27 but has only done one rally season on a Clio R3 and was immediately fast; this year he’ll be driving a Fiesta R5). Fingers crossed for all of them!
    Rally addict since 1982

13. Likes: Got Mail (18th January 2019)
    Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Another rally, another victory for Gryazin today.

The boy is a machine.

15. Likes: Jarek Z (19th January 2019),Micke_VOC (20th January 2019)