Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    How about talents outside of the EU? Takamoto Katsuta could perhaps have a break-out year, showed some promise in Sweden last year with the WRC2-win.
    In a few weeks Katsuta is 26 years old. For me when I speak about young talents I means someone much younger and less experienced.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: AnttiL (14th January 2019),cali (14th January 2019),Jarek Z (14th January 2019),pantealex (15th January 2019),Rallyper (14th January 2019)
    Liked 82 Times in 38 Posts
    When I´m reading this list of talents I would personaly add Julian Wagner (soon to be 23 YO). Last year in CZ frontrunner of 2WD and not so long ago he won Jaenner. This year he will do whole Austrian championship with Fabia R5 from BRR

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Two that I saw last year who impressed in the few passes of theirs I saw roadside:

Jan Solans (younger brother of Nils, who himself was hanging with the works R5 Skodas in Spain) - dominated Spanish RC4 last year.

Jean-Baptiste Franceschi looked superb in GB and Spain in RC4 too, but hasn't been particularly dominant. No idea on his plans for this year; JWRC or French Champs in an R5, but hope to see him out and about somewhere.
    What wil the program of Nils Solans be? He looked very promosing aswel.

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Should we add Ralfs Sirmacis from Latvia to this list? He was very impressive in ERC a few years ago, including some overall wins...
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 480 Times in 162 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Should we add Ralfs Sirmacis from Latvia to this list? He was very impressive in ERC a few years ago, including some overall wins...
    He could be on this list regarding his skills and previous results. Tough I don't see at the moment any indications about his returning on international arena unfortunately.

7. Likes: Jarek Z (15th January 2019)
    Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    In a few weeks Katsuta is 26 years old. For me when I speak about young talents I means someone much younger and less experienced.
    Sounds reasonable, guess we should draw the line somewhere when it comes to age. 23-25 could be considered a maximum of some sort, to earn a place on the list.

Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Talent list in threadpost #1 will continue to be updated through the season, as much as I am capable. Keep up with the additions and updates on "your" drivers.

Liked 99 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    He is trying to do WRC2

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duvel View Post
    He was strong in Spain, but less so on other rounds (although improved over the year). He's not exactly particularly young either though; 26 going on 27. Would probably have more impact in ERC in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    I wouldn't say so, he's not been active for the last couple of years so I suspect he's got no backing (and what there was may be with Gryazin or Sesks now).
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    He was strong in Spain, but less so on other rounds (although improved over the year). He's not exactly particularly young either though; 26 going on 27. Would probably have more impact in ERC in my opinion.
    I agree, he was going to WRC too quickly. And now they are making same mistake with younger brother. I think that one season in ERC before going to JWRC should help him a lot.

I wouldn't say so, he's not been active for the last couple of years so I suspect he's got no backing (and what there was may be with Gryazin or Sesks now).
    Last year he was trying to secure budget for JWRC, but he was not successful. I hope he will be more successful for this season.