Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Brc 2019

Liked 307 Times in 165 Posts

Brc 2019

The first round is only a few weeks away and already the silence is deafening.

Not an auspicious start to the year with Mr Taylor departing either so hoping the only way is up from here...

Liked 581 Times in 241 Posts
    Yeah, I saw he'd left on the BRForum. Hopefully David Richards has some grand plan that required this...

I don't think we've even had any 'big reveals' from Motorsport News this year?

Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    They'll be waiting for the Autosport Show before making the announcements. Don't forget that MN is in the same group as Autosport, the Show & umpteen web and TV providers now so they're probably under strict instructions about what they can & can't say.

Liked 307 Times in 165 Posts
    One positive numbers wise (although I suspect it will only really benefit the Irish rounds) is that R5 cars that have been converted to RHD will be allowed to score points.

Liked 5,167 Times in 2,731 Posts
    The 2019 UK Asphalt Championship could be more entertaining after last years comeback went pretty well.

https://asphaltrallying.com/2019/01/...ndar-announced

2019 Protyre Motorsport UK Asphalt Rally Championship

10 March…. Rallynuts National Tour of Epynt
    10/11 May….Bet On Aces Manx National Rally
    15 June….Rally van Wervik
    20 July….Carryduff Forklift Down Rally
    25 August….Old Forge Garage Mewla Rally
    22 September…. Ford Parts Cheviot Stages Rally

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Can somebody inform me which rallies take place in Scotland?brc, UK Asphalt Rally Championship, etc
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Can somebody inform me which rallies take place in Scotland?brc, UK Asphalt Rally Championship, etc
    In 2019 the only Scottish BRC round is the Galloway Hills Rally, which was formerly just a round of the Scottish Rally Championship. There are no Scottish rallies in the secondary national championship (the BTRDA Rally Series) anymore or the Asphalt Rally Championship.

Scotland has a really pretty respectable all gravel national championship of its own though with some nice (if short, mainly around 70km) rallies, very nice stages/scenery and decent local entrants. The calendar for that is here: https://www.ewrc-results.com/season/2019/145-scotland/

8. Likes: Rally Power (10th January 2019)
    Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    In 2019 the only Scottish BRC round is the Galloway Hills Rally, which was formerly just a round of the Scottish Rally Championship. There are no Scottish rallies in the secondary national championship (the BTRDA Rally Series) anymore or the Asphalt Rally Championship.

Scotland has a really pretty respectable all gravel national championship of its own though with some nice (if short, mainly around 70km) rallies, very nice stages/scenery and decent local entrants. The calendar for that is here: https://www.ewrc-results.com/season/2019/145-scotland/
    Just to correct you - BTRDA & Scottish Championship are on the same level with regards to length of events, standard of cars competing and level of competitors

10. Likes: the sniper (7th January 2019)
    Liked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post

Another correcton. The BTRDA Championship is a club championship, not a National Championship. Don't be confused by the fact that the name of the club starts with the word "British". Scotland also has its own asphalt championship, The Scottish Tarmack Rally Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Shanks View Post
    Just to correct you - BTRDA & Scottish Championship are on the same level with regards to length of events, standard of cars competing and level of competitors
    Good point, though I didn't mean to imply that the BTRDA was any different, I just didn't think elaborating about the BTRDA was relevant to nafpaktos question.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Another correcton. The BTRDA Championship is a club championship, not a National Championship. Don't be confused by the fact that the name of the club starts with the word "British".
    The use of lower case was intentional. For the sake of brevity, when the question wasn't about the BTRDA specifically, I was describing the current prominent secondary Championship that has held rounds across Britain, including Scotland previously.