Page 3 of 120 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    A few things still to fall into place but it looks like I can hopefully make the trip back to Portugal this year. Second time in the north!

Mexico - Portugal - Finland - GB has the makings of a nice year spectating.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AL14 (30th January 2019),Rally Power (30th January 2019),the sniper (30th January 2019)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hi!

Wanted to ask about tickets. Looked it up that rally passes go for 300 euros this year. Everywhere else rally passes are usually under 100 euros. Why is it so expensive in Portugal or is there a possibility that cheaper tickets will come for sale?

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rasmusvark View Post
    Hi!

Wanted to ask about tickets. Looked it up that rally passes go for 300 euros this year. Everywhere else rally passes are usually under 100 euros. Why is it so expensive in Portugal or is there a possibility that cheaper tickets will come for sale?
    In Rally Portugal "Rallypass" is something different to other WRC rounds. There is no ticket needed on the normal special stages of Rally Portugal expect some special places like shakedown finish or superspecial Lousada. (approx. 15 euros)

These "rallypass" is more like a VIP-pass with hospitality tent, grandstands, special parking etc. There is a special zone on a stage per day. This zone is just for these rallypass guests.

Friday: SS Arganil or SS Lousada
    Saturday: SS Amarante
    Sunday: SS Fafe or SS Montim

5. Likes: cali (4th March 2019),Rally Power (4th March 2019)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tc10a View Post
    In Rally Portugal "Rallypass" is something different to other WRC rounds. There is no ticket needed on the normal special stages of Rally Portugal expect some special places like shakedown finish or superspecial Lousada. (approx. 15 euros)

These "rallypass" is more like a VIP-pass with hospitality tent, grandstands, special parking etc. There is a special zone on a stage per day. This zone is just for these rallypass guests.

Friday: SS Arganil or SS Lousada
    Saturday: SS Amarante
    Sunday: SS Fafe or SS Montim
    Okay. Thanks

Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
    Anyone interested for car sharing - hotel / apartment rent?

Unfortunately due to some cancellation, I have to re-plan my trip to Portugal and if anyone interested joining me is welcome.
    I just need the info ASAP.

Thanks, Sash

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Spectator recce video of the new stage Lousă (SS1/4). Quite small road compared to what the rally usually offers

https://www.facebook.com/miguelcarva...wNDQ1MjkyMDg0/

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Spectator recce video of the new stage Lousă (SS1/4). Quite small road compared to what the rally usually offers

https://www.facebook.com/miguelcarva...wNDQ1MjkyMDg0/
    I did the stage twice and I didn't find it narrow. Arganil is much narrower than Lousă.

Quote Originally Posted by Sardalense View Post
    I did the stage twice and I didn't find it narrow. Arganil is much narrower than Lousă.
    Arganil I haven't yet seen. The road width varies constantly but around 4:00 on that video it looks like one car width. Obviously the camera lense may fool a bit, but I've seen another video of the ending and it looked similarly narrow. The beginning seems to be wider, but conversely rougher.

Also, I would claim that the Saturday and Sunday stages are for the most part wider than this, but of course I haven't driven them myself.

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Arganil I haven't yet seen. The road width varies constantly but around 4:00 on that video it looks like one car width. Obviously the camera lense may fool a bit, but I've seen another video of the ending and it looked similarly narrow. The beginning seems to be wider, but conversely rougher.

Also, I would claim that the Saturday and Sunday stages are for the most part wider than this, but of course I haven't driven them myself.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8EKAbPzDA&t=60s

From 1:35 to 7:36 the stage is the same, with one small difference, there are no trees now!

12. Likes: AnttiL (26th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardalense View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY8EKAbPzDA&t=60s

From 1:35 to 7:36 the stage is the same, with one small difference, there are no trees now!
    Thanks, I'll take a look at that later on!

EDIT: Looks narrow and rough for sure. At 8:25 it joins this year's route again, where it becomes wider and faster.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 26th March 2019 at 14:22.