Page 12 of 120 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wia5958 View Post
    Ur only as good as ur last result. il try to describe this in terms outside of motorsport so u can see the reality. If you have an average goal keeper and over 2 games first game he pulls of a few saves nothing spectacular (like mikklesons sweden result) and the team earns a draw against the best team in the world and he lets in say 4 howlers in the next game. (Chile resilt) But you have a proven multiple world cup winning goal keeper on your bench who in training is equalling or bettering the current guy. Who are you going to put in for the next game. I know my choice its all about whats best for the team not what he did 2 games ago thats gone and forgotten
    This would fit perfectly if Loeb didn't drive like he did in Sweden and Corsica, which were terrible especially by his Corsica standards.

Yes both are different surface, but his main comment in Sweden was that other drivers drive same stages all the time (and with help of onboards perfect the lines trough corners). Portugal will be the same in this regard while Chile wasn't. So Loeb is by no means a secure card for Portugal. Mikkelsen wouldn't have been either.

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    It is a risky decision by Hyundai but in order to collect the rewards you must be risky sometimes.

It will not be an easy rally for Loeb, he never raced in the north before and both Saturday and Sunday stages are familiar to most of the top guys.

He seem to also forget Mikkelsen has started doing WRC rounds since 2007, that was 12 years ago, he should be much more competent and consistent by now.

3. Likes: AnttiL (21st May 2019),cali (21st May 2019)
    Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I was absent in this forum for years (mainly active in ERC section) but I hope no one will kill me for this one simple question I can't find answer for. Are there any single stage tickets for the rally I can buy directly on the entrance to the stage? I want to stay on the ss for two passes so I don't have to and I don't want to buy day pass. Thanks for any help.

5. Likes: WRC1 (23rd May 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    I was absent in this forum for years (mainly active in ERC section) but I hope no one will kill me for this one simple question I can't find answer for. Are there any single stage tickets for the rally I can buy directly on the entrance to the stage? I want to stay on the ss for two passes so I don't have to and I don't want to buy day pass. Thanks for any help.
    Relax Raven, the forum killing rate is still zero; some posts can look harsh but eventually we’re all good fellows…or NOT.

As it was already told, you can see all RdP stages for free, with the exception of Lousada SSS. Rally Pass here is a sort of VIP hospitaly pass for a few exclusive spectators zones (ZE’s), but the vast majority of ZE’s are freely open to everybody and they’re usually great to spectate and easy to reach. You can check them here: https://www.rallydeportugal.pt/conte...aspx?menuid=52

Btw, have a great rally!
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: WRC1 (23rd May 2019)
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
    I take it the passes that are available on the Rally Portugal web site are for special spectator areas??

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/05/...portugal-2019/

Route Preview on It Gets Faster Now!

Like mentioned before, the Coimbra area stages Gois, Lousa and Arganil on Friday with no midday service, then Lousada in the evening. Saturday and Sunday mostly like last year.
    So all new stages for everyone on Friday and with no service. Will be crucial and important day then, we saw how the young lads suffered in Chile with the new stages and pacenotes.

Ogier is the favourite for me, the dude just loves this rally and he is the record holder here together with Alen.

It will be interesting to see if Loeb can now be right up to speed from the first moment, if he can, then i wouldnt be surprised if he is in the lead after friday considering his starting position.

Another one to watch is Neuville, will the big crash have an affect on him or not?

I think Ott is happy that the friday stages are new, he didnt get to drive any of the stages last year after that big rock took him out.

All in all another cracking event coming up!
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

10. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (27th May 2019),Rallyper (27th May 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    So all new stages for everyone on Friday and with no service. Will be crucial and important day then, we saw how the young lads suffered in Chile with the new stages and pacenotes.

Ogier is the favourite for me, the dude just loves this rally and he is the record holder here together with Alen.

It will be interesting to see if Loeb can now be right up to speed from the first moment, if he can, then i wouldnt be surprised if he is in the lead after friday considering his starting position. (...)

All in all another cracking event coming up!
    Honestly, as long Citroen and Hyundai can’t make their cars as fast as the Yaris, Tanak seems to still be the favourite.

Btw, for Loeb the whole event is new (apart a sprint version of Fafe stage) once he only run during Algarve’s years and having a proper setup since the start will be a challenge not only for him but for all the others; if they fail to get it they’ll be struggling the whole first leg.

On having another cracking event I totally agree with you; that’s what we’re all hoping for and is making us eager to spend 3 days eating dust!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Loeb should be able to lead after Friday or be around top 3. The big question is how he will do on Saturday and Sunday on stages that others know very well.

Btw. other drivers also know parts of friday as they were often used for testing during last years.

This likely being the first rally with real road cleaning since Mexico I doubt Ogier can win. All Toyotas are one big question mark with their reliability on rough rallies. Especially since some of the friday section seem very rough.

WRC2 Monday test; video by Rally Mania: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1__VGBjIDtI
    Rally addict since 1982

14. Likes: pantealex (28th May 2019),RS (28th May 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Thierry could be strong here. Hyundai go well in Portugal and he's 3rd on the road so not too bad. There's actually not much actual cleaning on Friday anyway, unless maybe the 2nd pass will still be bad?

As Mknight says, Toyota can't be counted on for not having reliability issues so it's hard to predict - especially if the first day could be a bit rough. Would be nice to see Jari or Lappi get up at the sharp end and take advantage of their road position, and get over the poor starts to their seasons. Don't hold out too much hope though.

Expect Hyundai to have a strong rally with Neuville and Loeb challenging at the top and Sordo likes this rally too. Ogier will be there or thereabouts.