Page 118 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1199
    Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indreq View Post
    So what is the cause in your opinion then? https://media.giphy.com/media/XBF6oj...a1mp/giphy.gif
    It does look a lot like a broken shock.

That must be great news for the manufacturers. They can stop spending millions of dollars and hundreds of hours of testing to develop and improve shock absorbers. Broken ones work just as well, or even better.

Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    It does look a lot like a broken shock.

That must be great news for the manufacturers. They can stop spending millions of dollars and hundreds of hours of testing to develop and improve shock absorbers. Broken ones work just as well, or even better.
    I believe in case of JML, shock broke completely and didnt support the wheel any more. In case of OT it just lost damping ability. If the cars had double wishbone and not mcpherson, then JML could have continued as well...

Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Here is an explanation where both are correct:
    Adamo suggests on a morning meeting that Sordo could stop in stage so that Neuville gets longer intervall for dust.
    Sordo says it would hurt the one starting behind Neuville, cause he will have shorter interval.
    Based on that they decide not to do it.

Ogier hears "Sordo refused to stop in stage cause it would hurt Meeke" from his source and makes a drama from it on press conf.
    Sounds to me like Adamo was getting carried away, desperate to get Neuville as much help and points as possible after the disaster of Sordo's & Loeb's cars failing on Day 1.

Sordo has to explain to him the harm it would do to Meeke.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Whatever happened behind the scenes it surely affected Ogier mentally. Thinking about this, imagine if a source came up to you (as Ogier explains) and said they are planning to stop Sordo so Nueville can get no dust etc. This would mentally fire anyone up... Which can then cause you to push hard and crash. Luckily Ogier is a pro and he survived the power stage.

In the end Hyundai never did such a thing, but maybe they planted the seed in Ogier's head to cause problems. If Sordo did not indeed tell Ogier and Ogier had a different source, he should never trust that source again since all it did was cause stress.

Don't forget, Adamo is an Italian and looks like a mobster! He probably will continue to mind fu@k everyone. He's already booted Andreas without any hesitation. When he hugs people in the end it's scary. One of those "that's what you get for doing good, but do bad and I punch you just as hard as I hug you kind of hugs"
    Last edited by racerx1979; 5th June 2019 at 11:25.

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    While I don't like Adamo (from what we have seen so far) , over the years there have been plenty of examples that Ogier can be quite nasty when things don't go his way or he is in a close fight.

Juts recently he basically got Loeb kicked from Citroen/PSA after 19? years cause he did not want him to drive part time there (with good road position on gravel) and take his points/overshadow him.

So I am just not buying the Adamo = evil, Ogier = saint, simple narrative that some seem to follow.

6. Likes: dimviii (5th June 2019),racerx1979 (5th June 2019)
    Liked 9,342 Times in 4,961 Posts
    I dont believe this was mind-games against Ogier by Adamo. He mainly wanted to get better points for Neuville and forgot the bad effect his plan would have on Meeke.

And Ogier after hearing the story it didnt affect him at all in the rally. But maybe he did want to show Adamo in a bad light afterwards, to make him think twice about doing anything bad against him in future.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    The tweet from Official WRC account with Ogier making the accusations seems to have been deleted today.
    And I can't find the transcript of the press conference now (but that one was already missing most of it when it was first published).

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    This seems to be a FIA issue on next event. They, FIA, have to talk through this whole mess and clear it up once for all.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

10. Likes: pantealex (5th June 2019),tommeke_B (5th June 2019)
    Liked 43 Times in 25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Juts recently he basically got Loeb kicked from Citroen/PSA after 19? years cause he did not want him to drive part time there
    Do you have a source for this claim? It could be that Hyundai just made a better offer. (Citroen lost their main sponsor you know)

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dnb View Post
    Do you have a source for this claim? It could be that Hyundai just made a better offer. (Citroen lost their main sponsor you know)
    Ogier was crying when Citroen wanted to sign Loeb for a partial rally calender. Ogier said it's problematic, but I do not recall the exact quote...
    I actually forgot about this and this is pretty bad when you really think about it.

EDIT: here is a good read:
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...ests-like-loeb
    Last edited by racerx1979; 5th June 2019 at 22:57.