Page 8 of 120 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2019/05/...portugal-2019/

Route Preview on It Gets Faster Now!

Like mentioned before, the Coimbra area stages Gois, Lousa and Arganil on Friday with no midday service, then Lousada in the evening. Saturday and Sunday mostly like last year.
    Congrats Antti; really cool preview, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Best is by car but u can use train 601 from Cordoaria to Exponor in about 28 mins.
    Not a big user of public transportation but I believe 601 is a bus, not a train. Anyway, it seems a smart option for visiting Friday and Saturday late afternoon services; thanks for the tip.
    Rally addict since 1982

2. Likes: AnttiL (16th May 2019)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Not a big user of public transportation but I believe 601 is a bus, not a train
    601 is neither train nor bus but the East German miracle on wheels called Trabant

Sorry, I could not resist.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: CWJ (16th May 2019),dimviii (16th May 2019),Franky (16th May 2019),pantealex (22nd May 2019),Rally Power (16th May 2019),satnav (16th May 2019),steve.mandzij (16th May 2019),TheFlyingTuga (16th May 2019)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by df93 View Post
    Looking for some help, I am staying in Porto on the Friday night and looking to go to the early Saturday morning service. What is the best way to travel from the center of Porto and then back and does anyone have a time for the morning service on the Saturday? Thanks
    I would strongly recommend renting a car or having another back up mode of transport - I remember couple of years ago when I visited the rally I relied on public transport for the first day of my visit getting to and from the airport to Exponor and for various reasons many of the scheduled bus services did not materialise and had to get a taxi back to the airport. Looking back, it would have been faster to walk . For the second day I had a car as I planned on visiting the shakedown and then back to the service park, which worked great. Anyway, the weather and the general atmosphere were great, people there are very passionate about the rally.

6. Likes: Rally Power (17th May 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    RdP spectator’s guide is already available on the rally site:

http://www.rallydeportugal.pt/conten...aspx?menuid=52
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 24 Times in 15 Posts
    Am I missing something? In 2 weeks this event will be almost over and still no entry list?🤔

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Perhaps, hopefully, something interesting going on behind the scenes...

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Perhaps, hopefully, something interesting going on behind the scenes...
    Like...?

Would have loved to see Loeb again, but both Sordo and Mikkelsen already completed their PET sessions this week.

11. Likes: pantealex (22nd May 2019)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Entry list still to aprroval by FIA.

One manufacter changed drivers according last infos.

13. Likes: AnttiL (21st May 2019),pantealex (22nd May 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Entry list still to aprroval by FIA.

One manufacter changed drivers according last infos.
    Oooh....?! So who's been changed then do we think?

Surely has to be Hyundai, so Mikkelsen or Sordo has been dumped if rumours are true?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    We'll see what actually happens, but all the people I see mentioned are strange in their own ways:

Hyundai - (note that they were they highest scoring team in South America, so why change now?)
    Mikkelsen (for Loeb) - While dropping him for Corsica was logical for multiple reasons, this wouldn't be. Dropping after 1 bad rally (in last 9 months) where he still outscored both Toyotas and just after getting 2nd place ahead of Ogier. Portugal is also much more similar to Arg or Mexico than Chile and he always did good there.

Sordo (for Loeb) - He was slowest Hyundai in Argentina and not the fastest in Mexico, but can hardly blame him for the technical issues in Mexico and also on one SS in Argentina (that cost him 5th at minimum). He is typically the most stable 2/3 driver at Hyundai (Loeb included), has driven in Portugal the last few years and it's almost his home event.

While Loeb had level playing field in Chile, in Portugal he would be at quite some disadvantage since majority of stages are same as last years (and some of the new are known from tests). Also if he doesn't want to (or is not paid to) do more than 6 rallies this year it would be strange to "waste" him in Portugal where both other drivers are likely to do ok, while in multiple other rallies (GB, Spain, Germany, Finland) one or both are risky.

Citroen
    Lappi (for Østberg or even Breen) - Yes he has had 4 bad rallies in a row. But he also did 2nd place in Sweden and Citroen is clearly not aiming for manu titles so don't see how it matters. Furthermore he signed for 2 years, dropping him for a rally this early would not really set good atmosphere for remaining 1,5 year.

Toyota
    Latvala (for who?????) - He hasn't had a good rally in the 6 rounds so far, only Argentina was kind of mediocre (5th place), and only 1 clear technical issue (Mexico). But there is nobody around that can really be expected to do better in a Toyota on such a short notice.

Meeke(for who?????) - Also no really good results in the 6 rounds so far, 4th place from Argentina is decent though. But same as for Latvala there is nobody around to replace him.

MSport
    Suninen (for who?) - As I understand he brings the money to drive the car, so I see this as impossible.