Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120
Results 1,191 to 1,199 of 1199
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I do agree with Meekefan. Searching and finding your own place to see the action is an important part of spectating a rally. I like to arrive on a stage, have a walk, find a few corners I like and see what it brings. If I want to be on the fifth row of people, between drunks with radios, I can go to rallycross... In Sweden and Finland it works very well, to somehow keep those less interested fans on public areas, and still allow the "hardcore" spectators elsewhere, while they're behaving safely. Such a shame that isn't possible in Portugal or Poland, it's all or nothing...

2. Likes: AL14 (8th June 2019),cali (9th June 2019),dimviii (8th June 2019)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Stop being a fool; it hurts your brain (what’s left of it) and the others mood. Btw, next time try this before posting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmU9PBDS-0k
    I think you could be humble enough to listen to what people say. Sometimes critics can be useful for coming events. Personally I hate marshalls trying to be police officers with own rules.
    However in 2017 I had no problems walking away on my own to remote places in Rally Portugal.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: AL14 (8th June 2019),dimviii (8th June 2019),tommeke_B (8th June 2019)
    Liked 12 Times in 6 Posts
    Stop being a fool; it hurts your brain (what’s left of it) and the others mood. Btw, next time try this before posting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmU9PBDS-0k
    Are you that need to stop and think. Leave the cheap offence and, as far as I know, I was not rude with you. You are a person poor of argumentation and lack of critical spirit. Stop to buy all the things that someone is trying to sell to you. Think by yourself, do not be a sheep. Stop "to clap your hands", just because someane ordered to you.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I think you could be humble enough to listen to what people say. Sometimes critics can be useful for coming events. Personally I hate marshalls trying to be police officers with own rules.
    However in 2017 I had no problems walking away on my own to remote places in Rally Portugal.
    Mate I’m more than humble to recognize some faults here and there but I can’t accept the use of those faults to undermine the hard work of hundreds of persons supporting this brilliant event. It’s pretty clear that ZE’s are needed here; it’s the way RdP organizers found to solve spectators problematic behaviour from the past and turn the event into one of the safests of the calendar. Besides, ZE’s conditions, including its access, tend to improve year after year, which makes easy to believe that the issues reported in some of the new stages will be fixed next year.

Btw, you’ve forgot to mention the outrageous insults also made to RdP public, that no one should tolerate. Most of the fans don’t need to be rally experts to enjoy the event and feel the sport passion. In the dozens of RdP videos anyone can see thousands of people celebrating the sport and cheering the crews but some still insist we mostly are ‘drunkards sleeping while cars are passing’, shamefully forgetting that the Portuguese people motorsport passion, started a long time ago with the first street circuits in the ‘30s, is the main reason for our country to have so many international motorsport events.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    I also agree partly with Meekefan. Alltough some of the spectator area's have good viewing, they are often too crowded to see decently the action. I must also agree that there is plenty of drunk people that are just sitting there to get drunk and are not very much interested in the rallycars. I also prefer to pick some of my own spots and alltough this has become difficult i still like to do so.
    In the first stage on friday we arrived after a long uphill walk on Lousa stage. We were directed to the other side of the road by marshall and policeman. There we were standing in some spectatorpoint.
    After the first R5 cars were passed we wanted to leave the stage to go to Arganil stage. We were not allowed to cross the road, alltough there were 4 minutes interval between the cars. We were told to wait untill all the cars were passed by. Strangely we were allowed to cross the road when the R2 cars were coming trough every minute. Strange thinking by organisators i must say.
    The rally is well organised but sometimes they use some stupid rules. On the other hand sometimes police was very reasonable and allowed people to cross the stage to go back to their cars.
    Anyhow, i had a good time in Portugal, i only think you don't have to say that everything is perfect (that is what Rally Power is basically saying)
    Last edited by wwbroe; 8th June 2019 at 12:57.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yep I agree it's over-excessive in Portugal. Not a question of safety - rather people management. Like herding cattle.

Between helicopters, marshalls and police, like I said before, it's one rally where I really don't bother trying to stray from the zones. It just isn't worth the stress. I think once you've made peace with that it's a good event. But I disagree you can't see some good action in the spectator zones. They are far, far bigger than most rallies.

Crossing the stage can be a strange thing, depending on the place, the rally, or the marshal. It can be completely random sometimes.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 53 Times in 15 Posts
    Thought the viewing on the ZE's was good. Really got annoyed with the GNR. Not speaking English, clueless when it comes to safety way to strict. But most of the time you could by-pass them pretty easily and the next one could be way more relaxed.

All in all I had a great time and I understand that with the history of WRC and safety in Portugal they do the things they do. Was my first WRC since Sweden 2010 and it is good to be back at the stages. Love that it is next to a city like Porto. Makes the whole experience great.

And with draft beers for a euro I understand they have a few haha!

Some of my pics (all from ZE's and without a mediatabard):

IMG_4206s.jpg

IMG_4681s.jpg

IMG_4157s.jpg

https://www.rally-photo.net/2019-rally-de-portugal/

10. Likes: Rally Power (9th June 2019),Simmi (9th June 2019),the sniper (8th June 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NielsH View Post
    Some of my pics (all from ZE's and without a mediatabard)
    Nice shots. Apparently we were pretty close on the ZE9 at Góis and not far on the 14 at Vieira; both wonderful spots. Next time here try the 22 at Cabeceiras; probably the most beautiful ZE of the rally.

Btw, nice footage from Vieira and Arganil jumps on this video by AV Racing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unx9CmsPk8s
    Last edited by Rally Power; 9th June 2019 at 12:18.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 53 Times in 15 Posts
    Nice shots. Apparently we were pretty close on the ZE9 at Góis and not far on the 14 at Vieira; both wonderful spots. Next time here try the 22 at Cabeceiras; probably the most beautiful ZE of the rally.
    Thanks! I will keep it in mind, probably will go back next year. Had a really good time.