Page 111 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1199
    Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Yesterday's small exit of tanak was related with the suspension issue he had? i was not reading the forum during this rally and i could not understand from what i have already read and seen.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    The problem is the rule is there currently to penalise a bit guys who are genuinely late to a time control, not ones who are using the rules to gain an advantage for either themselves or a team mate. How do you distinguish between the genuine one, and the tactical one...very difficult in practice to say the guy stopped with his bonnet up on the road section is playing games.
    If you move anyone late to the back, they can’t influence one car more than another...
    Yes you are right. I am not so sure if moving behind is always physically possible (i.e. timecontroll on a road/street with one-car width), but that could be changed to accommodate this.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    It would be better if the teams and drivers agreed that "We'll stop doing it if you stop doing it".

Too much to ask...
    Here we go again, "the stones are in your garden". If you pretend to be better in every aspect, for sure you wouldn't do it, period. Everyone takes his own responsibility for his actions, endangering others is criminal. Hats off to Sordo not complying with it.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    What I dont understand: when Ogier done tactics, most of forumers called him really nasty names so to say... now hyunday done it - most over here says 'its ok' and some still blames Ogier... go figure 😀 love and hate...
    Anyhow, great rally and not often top places are decided in a last day - we live in a really nice era for rally!

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Morte66 View Post
    It would be better if the teams and drivers agreed that "We'll stop doing it if you stop doing it".

Too much to ask...
    Nice in principle, but unwritten rules aren’t rules and this is professional motorsport where companies have invested millions. I wouldn’t want to explain to the board that we didn’t win a World Championship because we didn’t do something, that wasn’t against the rules because we wanted to be nice guys.

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Hats off to Sordo not complying with it.
    did Sordo said that Ogier was right?

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    Yesterday's small exit of tanak was related with the suspension issue he had? i was not reading the forum during this rally and i could not understand from what i have already read and seen.
    If you mean him running wide on the tarmac corner it probably wasn't directly related to the damper as it was right corner and it was front right damper that was damaged. But certainly the damper could have distracted him.

8. Likes: nafpaktos (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I don't think it's fair to blame anyone. The rules are like they are, it's up to the teams and drivers to use them to the maximum. The simplest way to solve this issue, is bringing back some rules of the past. Either make the starting order the order of championship, but reversed, or let them pick by qualifying stage again. Now the fight for the championship really only starts in the last few events. They're waiting and know being first now could actually be a disadvantage in the long run. That should change, they should be fighting for each and every point, from the first to the last event.

10. Likes: cali (3rd June 2019),KiwiWRCfan (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    did Sordo said that Ogier was right?
    Ogier's words are good enough for me. I know he puts Sordo in difficult situation, but perhaps that's for good. On the other hand if Sordo really didn't do this insanity, he knows what he's doing. Ringing a bell?
    Last edited by stefanvv; 2nd June 2019 at 22:33.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Guys help me to understand the situation. According to Ogier sources, Adamo told Sordo to start the stage and stay stopped for a while to give Neuville less dust? How is it possible? It would just give Meeke more dust but I don't understand how this would help Thierry to have 4 minutes of clear road ahaed of him.