Page 105 of 120 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1199
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    Greensmith man of the rally for me.
    Did not expect him to be so close to the two other Fords. Good job!
    Well, often 9-11th stagetimes. And didn´t survive the rally. But more important, he is from a country that loves motorsport. And has the resources... Let´s wait and see what the learning curve brings.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

2. Likes: pantealex (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    He'd have been my man of the rally if he'd finished, but all things considered, a solid debut. I'd rather he go out in style after setting some quick times like he did rather than fizzle out like Pontus.

On another note, what ever happened to Suninen? Wasn't he battling at the top on Friday? Electrical issues, right?
    I know this might be a bit harsch, but bashing Pontus like you do deserves this:

Put them beside each other and let them race on equal conditions. Pontus will be faster 9 out of 10.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: steve.mandzij (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    On another note, what ever happened to Suninen? Wasn't he battling at the top on Friday? Electrical issues, right?
    No brakes.

6. Likes: pantealex (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 22 Times in 12 Posts
    Ogier accuses Adamo of taking Hyundai WRC Portugal tactics too far

World Rally Championship leader Sebastien Ogier has accused Hyundai team principal Andrea Adamo of taking a tactical approach too far on Rally of Portugal.

After fuel-related problems on the opening day left Hyundai drivers Sebastien Loeb and Dani Sordo down the order, Adamo used the regulations to manipulate those cars into a starting position which would offer team-mate Thierry Neuville a cleaner road.

On both Saturday and Sunday, Hyundai ordered Sordo and Loeb to check in late and run between Ogier and Neuville on the road, giving the Belgian his advantage.

Speaking in the post-event press conference in Matosinhos, Ogier said he had no problem with those tactics.

But he then added: "But today we can be lucky, or we can thank one man which is Dani Sordo, because there were some much more mean tactics were supposed to happen. "But luckily he [Sordo] refused.

"I got the information, not from any drivers - I have my sources - that this great gentleman that is Andrea Adamo asked him [Sordo] to stop in the stage and start in front of Kris [Meeke]. That was really mean."

Ogier also believed there was a plan for Sordo to pull over during Sunday's first stage to allow Neuville a clearer run without the hindrance of dust.

Ogier explaned to Autosport: "It was in the first stage this morning.

"In the stage, I don't know at which point, he [Sordo] was supposed to pull over in the stage; take the start then pull over and this would give Thierry a four-minute gap [with no dust]."

The Citroen driver pointed out that the tactic would have directly affected Meeke's run through the stage.

Ogier said: "It's OK, but then to restart in front of Kris, you then fuck Kris because he would be in the really bad dust. That's mean."

Contacted for a response, Adamo told Autosport he would not comment on such "low-level accusations."

Neuville finished the event in second place, one place ahead of Ogier - who retained his lead of the championship with a powerstage win.

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...yundai-tactics

8. Likes: Andre Oliveira (2nd June 2019),steve.mandzij (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    ahh thats why he was basically in tears after last stage i suppose.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 846 Times in 407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    I know this might be a bit harsch, but bashing Pontus like you do deserves this:

Put them beside each other and let them race on equal conditions. Pontus will be faster 9 out of 10.
    It's fair, and I might sound a little ignorant... I don't have anything against Pontus per se (he was the only driver to agree to a photo at the service park a couple years back), and surely in a straight fight in R5's Pontus would wipe the floor with Gus. I just reckon the Swede's cautious approach to his debut drives weren't exactly the wisest options.

11. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2019),EstWRC (3rd June 2019),pantealex (3rd June 2019),Rallyper (2nd June 2019)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post

What do you mean, in R5 machinery?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pršljen View Post
    King of tactics complaining on something that didn't even happen...And he has his sources. What a parody!
    Ogier cracked.
    Seems its hard for him to be slower from 3 championship contenters,and wait for retirements to be good placed.

This is the reason that regardless championships won,he will not be the most favoured ever.

14. Likes: KKS (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    If Meeke pass Tanak,Ogier will sweep at Sardegna.
    Or just crash
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Ogier is the guy that introduced exploiting the rules for PS position in Sweden 2018 so that FIA had to change the rules. This year (again in Sweden) he introduced exploiting starting position for restarting cars to slot just ahead of teammates.

And now he talks about dirty tactics that did not happen...

If Sordo really was instructed it's off course really bad, but we have no proof. Had it happened it's quite likely FIA would have done something afterwards.

17. Likes: COD (2nd June 2019),KKS (3rd June 2019)