Page 5 of 120 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast
    Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    can anyone give info on spectating for weekend. Looking at rally passes and for weekend are €300 and only allow access to certain locations? Is this normal or what am I missing?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Liked 212 Times in 133 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMS View Post
    can anyone give info on spectating for weekend. Looking at rally passes and for weekend are €300 and only allow access to certain locations? Is this normal or what am I missing?

You dont need a rally pass. Access for the majority of spectator zones is free. With the rally pass you get access to two exclusive spectator areas and better parking, thats it. You can even wonder around the service park for free.

3. Likes: DocMS (7th May 2019)
    Liked 71 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Francis44 View Post
    You dont need a rally pass. Access for the majority of spectator zones is free. With the rally pass you get access to two exclusive spectator areas and better parking, thats it. You can even wonder around the service park for free.
    I was thinking was bit on the expensive side. So without the passes to these spectator areas is it easy enough to get to the stages etc. First time to Portugal so bit on the unknown. Some stuff I have read up on says that it's very tightly control for getting to and from the stages.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DocMS View Post
    I was thinking was bit on the expensive side. So without the passes to these spectator areas is it easy enough to get to the stages etc. First time to Portugal so bit on the unknown. Some stuff I have read up on says that it's very tightly control for getting to and from the stages.
    You’ll be only restricted if you try to go outside the spectators zones (ZE’s), which are usually in good spots and easy to reach. In a few days the info about this year ZE’s will be available in the rally site, but you can check last year Saturday and Sunday ZE’s once they’ll probably be the same (from ZE 21 forwards): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bEb4t3vJ90OkCY
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 35 Times in 14 Posts
    Gaia Street Stage will not take place due to lack of funding from the municipality.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardalense View Post
    Gaia Street Stage will not take place due to lack of funding from the municipality.
    Oh damn, it looked like a really good street stage...

The rally is done, no more Rally de Portugal in WRC, I guess oficial announcement after the end of this year's rally

The rally is done, no more Rally de Portugal in WRC, I guess oficial announcement after the end of this year's rally
    That’s a pretty stupid thing to say. You can’t take Gaia street stage cancellation and make wild assumptions about the whole Rally. This was an isolated incident of a SSS promoter that won’t affect the overall organization or stop this year Rally de Portugal to be a success, as usual.

With the addition of the iconic Arganil stages to the North legs the rally is more challenging for crews and teams and more exciting for fans than ever before. At the end of the event no one will remember the absence of a SSS and everybody will be eager to return next year to celebrate this fantastic sport in some of the most popular and iconic rally stages of the world!
    Last edited by Rally Power; 10th May 2019 at 01:06.
    Rally addict since 1982

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    That’s a pretty stupid thing to say. You can’t take Gaia street stage cancellation and make wild assumptions about the whole Rally. This was an isolated incident of a SSS promoter that won’t affect the overall organization or stop this year Rally de Portugal to be a success, as usual.

With the addition of the iconic Arganil stages to the North legs the rally is more challenging for crews and teams and more exciting for fans than ever before. At the end of the event no one will remember the absence of a SSS and everybody will be eager to return next year to celebrate this fantastic sport in some of the most popular and iconic rally stages of the world!
    Thats not at all a "stupid" thing to say. This is not about the petty Gaia street stage. Many things are happening behind the scenes and the decision is already made, ACP is just waiting for the end of the race for the official announcement. Why do you figure all of the sudden multiple local entities have decided to stop supporting the rally?! It is simply because they would not have an easy time explaining such big investments to have promotion for just one more year.

Thats not at all a "stupid" thing to say. This is not about the petty Gaia street stage. Many things are happening behind the scenes and the decision is already made, ACP is just waiting for the end of the race for the official announcement. Why do you figure all of the sudden multiple local entities have decided to stop supporting the rally?! It is simply because they would not have an easy time explaining such big investments to have promotion for just one more year.
    Stop the BS for gods sake. You’re just speculating and damaging Rally de Portugal image; that’s more than stupid, that’s preposterous.

Only Gaia pulled out; all the others partners kept their commitments towards ACP, the organizer. It’s never easy to get the proper budget for such a huge event, in Portugal or in any other WRC country, and the ACP has always managed to sort it out, no matter what. If you’re Portuguese you should know it and show some support, instead of talking rubbish.
    Rally addict since 1982