Page 112 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1199
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Good image sequence of the Greensmith jump. Shows clearly that the wheels aren't aligned correctly already while the car is airborne.

https://twitter.com/RichardSimpson1/...45344424570880
    Thanks Antti. Was crazy to watch that happen. Shame for Gus.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: AnttiL (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Guys help me to understand the situation. According to Ogier sources, Adamo told Sordo to start the stage and stay stopped for a while to give Neuville less dust? How is it possible? It would just give Meeke more dust but I don't understand how this would help Thierry to have 4 minutes of clear road ahaed of him.
    Only saw the video and read the comments a few minutes ago but it seems it would give Thierry the 4m gap from the place where Sordo was stopped (the closest possible to the start). Btw, this tactic was used by Lancia in the 80's.

Anyway, maybe the info it’s true, maybe it isn’t, but to turn it public on a PC seems an act of desperation from Ogier. On the other hand, Adamo must also feel highly pressured if Hyundai pull out rumour, in case of not achieving a title this year, is correct. Hope this silly tactics will end soon, for the series sake.
    Rally addict since 1982

4. Likes: AL14 (3rd June 2019),AnttiL (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 661 Times in 290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drive View Post
    we live in a really nice era for rally !
    very very true

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Guys help me to understand the situation. According to Ogier sources, Adamo told Sordo to start the stage and stay stopped for a while to give Neuville less dust? How is it possible? It would just give Meeke more dust but I don't understand how this would help Thierry to have 4 minutes of clear road ahaed of him.
    As far as i understand, they wanted sordo to pull over and start again right after neuville. So neuville wouldn't be in sordo's dust, but meeke would have had a little bit more dust.

They could easily solve that by always giving 3 or 4 minute gaps on rally's with a lot of dust.

7. Likes: AL14 (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    If true that's awful, personally I don't see Ogier making this up and creating this mess if there's nothing in it.

I dont believe any driver would do what Sordo was potentially asked to do, nevermind Sordo doing it to a really good friend like Kris Meeke. They've been friends for years, they hang out away from rallies and the families are close.

Hopefully Ogiers sources are wrong, because I don't beleive Ogier himself has just flung these accusations out there by concocting them himself

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Uh oh. Playing with rules has always been part of any sport. Ogier didn't invented them, and certainly didn't killed all the dinosaurs, nor Kennedy.
    Let's be fair, Hyundai already imposed these 5-6 years ago. Sweden 2018 in everyone's mouth sounds just ridiculous, heloooooooo, make your senses sorted.
    Ofc teamorders are ok, when in the limits...and they were this time also. Point was, that it was implied, that it is ok for one man, not ok for others.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    It will be interesting to see how mr. Adamo handles this within his organization (assuming the allegations made by Ogier are indeed true). The request, so to say, most likely hasn't been presented to Sordo around the breakfast table, i.e. in a place where there would be uncontrollable amount of ears around. In Adamo's view, the list of suspects is probably somewhat short.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    Well it would be insane for Ogier to just come up with a story like that for a PC. How would he talk to Sordo after that.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    More tinfoil hats on!

While I don't discard Ogier as beeing 100% sure he is wrong I have no belief it would happen with Adamo "secretely" phoning Sordo right before stage and him refusing basically on the startline.
    The course of action I could somehow believe is exactly the type of talk around breakfast table. Like: "There are 2 mins gaps on first stage". A: "Well Dani could start and wait for Thierry to pass". DS:"Nah that's too dirty".

13. Likes: racerx1979 (3rd June 2019)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flykas View Post
    Well it would be insane for Ogier to just come up with a story like that for a PC. How would he talk to Sordo after that.
    Ogier is no stranger to dirty tactics though. Remember Corsica 2017 where he had issues before PS and refused to say if he fixed them? Then Sordo "cruised" on PS and Ogier overtok him driving at full speed.

Also this story makes Sordo look like the nice guy.