Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Kimi Räikkönen the Iceman

So, Kimi's season 2018, it really had its ups and downs. First victory in over 5 years, but then so many mistakes from Ferrari.

If you wanna watch little recap of the season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04vKs1VlNM

What do you guys think the future holds for Kimi? Does he stay in Sauber 2 years and then quits?

If you are more interested about Kimi's career check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFmDckPWQ4

2. Likes: Jag_Warrior (18th December 2018)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo View Post
    So, Kimi's season 2018, it really had its ups and downs. First victory in over 5 years, but then so many mistakes from Ferrari.

If you wanna watch little recap of the season: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-04vKs1VlNM

What do you guys think the future holds for Kimi? Does he stay in Sauber 2 years and then quits?

If you are more interested about Kimi's career check this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NFmDckPWQ4
    Welcome to the forum Albo!

It would be interesting to see what happens in 2021 when the new platform for F1 comes into effect. There is a good chance that Sauber would value Kimi's experience in the first season of that new era at least. Beyond that, l doubt very much Kimi would want to hang around when he has some catching up to do with his kids.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
    It seems sad that Kimi is going to a team in that he has no chance of winning, he is going to end up like Alonso at McLaren.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    May the forza be with you

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Welcome to the forum Albo!

It would be interesting to see what happens in 2021 when the new platform for F1 comes into effect. There is a good chance that Sauber would value Kimi's experience in the first season of that new era at least. Beyond that, l doubt very much Kimi would want to hang around when he has some catching up to do with his kids.
    Thank you, looking forward to next season to discuss with you guys in this forum!

I think also that Kimi doesnt have much more years of driving. But what I have understood that he would like to be in backround of F1.
    Maybe ownership to some team. I mean he was interested on Williams back in 2011.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC17 View Post
    It seems sad that Kimi is going to a team in that he has no chance of winning, he is going to end up like Alonso at McLaren.
    When Alonso moved to McLaren for 2015, there was still a distant, very distant hope that McLaren-Honda will be in a major league again. But I don't know if we should be sad for Kimi. He clearly enjoys racing in F1, even in a backmarker team. And while winning a race for Sauber will be a tall order for him, I have no doubt that Kimi will still have some remarkable races in the next season. If his presence at Sauber helps to lift Sauber out of its conundrums that's still a good thing for F1.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRC17 View Post
    I think Sauber would surprise many in 2019. Their partnership with Ferrari has proved very beneficial. I would not be surprised if Kimi wins a race with the 2019 Sauber. I have placed a bet that Kimi would put the Sauber on the podium at some point in 2019.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare