Page 9 of 100 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Mikkelsen finally happy with the car and looking to attack...

#RallyMexico 🇲🇽 #Shakedown ✅ 💬 "Very happy with shakedown, had a great feeling already from the start and that felt good! I felt I could drive the way I wanted and that is a real confidence boost. We will push from the start!" #WRC #HMSGOfficial https://t.co/VGwedw3Ys7

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Surely there will be no penalty as he started and broke down. So force majeure
    Not saying the "rule" would make any sense as such, but since when has technical failure been force majeure in this sport?
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

3. Likes: mknight (7th March 2019)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

#RallyMexico 🇲🇽 #Shakedown ✅ 💬 "Very happy with shakedown, had a great feeling already from the start and that felt good! I felt I could drive the way I wanted and that is a real confidence boost. We will push from the start!" #WRC #HMSGOfficial https://t.co/VGwedw3Ys7
    let's wait till the real rally starts and see what he (and the others) say then. It should be interesting no doubt

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

#RallyMexico ���� #Shakedown ✅ �� "Very happy with shakedown, had a great feeling already from the start and that felt good! I felt I could drive the way I wanted and that is a real confidence boost. We will push from the start!" #WRC #HMSGOfficial https://t.co/VGwedw3Ys7
    So Mikkelsen to win in Mexico and then be benched for Corsica, how about that? Sounds like Hyundai though.

A bit like Auriol in Catalunya '98.
    Last edited by Allez Andruet; 7th March 2019 at 20:47. Reason: '98 ofcourse, not '99.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gorganl2000 View Post
    let's wait till the real rally starts and see what he (and the others) say then. It should be interesting no doubt
    Mikkelsen increasingly seems like one of these drivers that can be right on the pace but only if he's totally happy with the car. Otherwise the times fall away badly.

So its good to hear he's really happy going into Mexico. That plus road position advantage could mean he's amongst the leaders.

Sordo, Evans, Suninen and Latvala have to try and take advantage of their road position too. Sordo normally goes well here so if he's not too rusty I think he'll be up there as well. Latvala is probably dependant on where his head is at....

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

8. Likes: er88 (7th March 2019)
    Liked 189 Times in 74 Posts
    In Estonian sources they say that Tänak passed SD once before time ran out. Earlier technical issue was due to some engine sensor which could have been overriden in competitive situation but in SD they chose not to risk and have car checked out by mechanics.

Liked 784 Times in 390 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fernandojhon677 View Post
    Rally Mexico 2019 en vivo
    https://t.co/76LMN3zLPr
    Dude stop posting this sh!t link on this forum.

11. Likes: AnttiL (8th March 2019),pantealex (8th March 2019)
    Liked 133 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Mikkelsen increasingly seems like one of these drivers that can be right on the pace but only if he's totally happy with the car. Otherwise the times fall away badly.

So its good to hear he's really happy going into Mexico. That plus road position advantage could mean he's amongst the leaders.

Sordo, Evans, Suninen and Latvala have to try and take advantage of their road position too. Sordo normally goes well here so if he's not too rusty I think he'll be up there as well. Latvala is probably dependant on where his head is at....
    i've grown weary of what drivers say about testing and shakedown over the years, what they say and what happens on the stages can be quite different. the good thing is this is mexico and the shakedown seems representative of the stages.
    i think Mikkelsen needs to prove a lot on this rally and score some decent points. He's in a decent road position like some of the others you mentioned above, most of whom also have points to prove, so the competition should be high. I await his results and stage end comments. Apart from the heat and altitude, i expect the pressure to perform will play a big part on the outcome of this particular group

13. Likes: er88 (8th March 2019)
    Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    They have 6 tyres for shakedown only now, only problem with starting in championship order like it was in Sweden is that they might not have time to do as many runs as they want. The most was 4 runs, some tried to do more but was sent back.

Never been any rule that you can't score points if you don't complete shakedown.
    this rule at SD tyres applied now, after several years ago that tyres didn't count and all just cruise at SD to save a tyres for a rally.