Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
I just quickly skipped through it, FIA/MotorsportUK no doubt delighted with this message... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6XY...outu.be&t=1123

Exactly the message you DON'T wan't to send to the kind of people who this show is intended for!

Various bit are unintentionally funny where the guy's just talking nonsense and Nabila shoots him down with common sense. For example, presenter lolz at Alberto Heller's boot being open, "this is the madness that could only happen in Mexico", Nabila flatly interrupts "I don't think it just happens in Mexico, it happens everywhere"... At least there's one sensible voice.

EDIT:

Found that, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yT7AjyI3BEE , better thing to watch.

From what I've seen, WRC Promoter should use the main RedBullTV/Mike Chen shows as the format for pitching localised highlights to mainstream free to air broadcasters. The basic WRC highlight package elements of those shows could be produced to provide a framework, with the Mike Chen segments just being swapped out, with localised segments of similar length/content with a presenter specific to each country that takes it up being inserted. The faceless standard highlight package that has become increasingly the norm across the world since the ISC/North One era has contributed strongly to giving the sport a cheap and unimportant feel. Here in the UK, even on the low budget Channel 5, the standard highlight package stood out as an oddity in comparison to most popular/mainstream sport coverage.

Sadly I don't think WRC Promoter/RB are making enough effort to secure mainstream broadcasters. They could learn some lessons from Formula E, who have clearly recognised the importance of this. Maybe the WRC needs to wait until the Hybrid era now to be able to pitch the product afresh...
I mostly agree with you but I still feel we should take the positive side of this show (targeting younger audiences) and realize its part of a larger WRC social media promotion, which we all hope will continue to be developed and improved, not only by RB/MH but also by the manus involved in the series.

Btw, I’ve also looked on other platforms numbers and WRC (P5 on Facebook) is doing quite well on YouTube (P3) and Instagram (P4), while on Twitter is P7. Despite the mainstream media huge support, Formula E is only P8 on Facebook, P8 on Instagram and P9 on Twitter; they’re only better on YouTube (P4, behind WRC) thanks to their races live stream.