Page 79 of 100 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    So Meeke accuses his old team of cheating and you think everyone should ignore it, until the FIA have made a judgement? Are you for real?
    Yes. Meeke was wrong and didnt know the facts. Makinen soon corrected him yet the discussion went on and on and on...

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Or he didn`t want it to escalate. Still we don`t know, what they actually thought and in a democratic society everyone can have their own opinions. You yourself have at least twice started a several pages long discussion about the Fiesta R5 engine.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 10th March 2019 at 14:31.

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    Or he didn`t want it to escalate. Still we don`t know, what they actually thought and in a democratic society everyone can have their own opinions. You yourself have at least twice started a several pages long discussion about the Fiesta R5 engine.
    Which still no-one has produced the FACTS about..

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    it remains fishy to me. why did they only decide it was dangerous after the 4th car was about to pass? why did they decide it was so dangerous to cancel the stage while we have seen on many occasions that they normally just leave the cars in place, even on much more dangerous places?
    and mostly: why did they not stop the stage, remove lappi's car and restart?
    When you are at rally control, you are trying to work with all informations you have - from GPS, from crews, from marshalls and here also from TV. Time is running very quickly and you must make a decision what to do quickly. It looks like that CoC did with Lappi the same like with Suninen and Cordero (in SS 13) - interrupted the stage and send red flag to the cars.

5. Likes: AnttiL (10th March 2019),WRC1 (10th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by br21 View Post
    my experience with Rally Mexico officials tells me they are pretty slow with reactions and/or not always making proper ones (like the jump in Guanajuato, not secured gate, etc) so I believe this was the main reason why it happened so late (red flag decision).
    Also Lappi went off some 25kms from the start, so sending some help to recover the car and then restart the stage would take way too much time, minimum an hour but I believe in local conditions closer to two...
    Stopping the stage and sending help to recover is nonsense, there is no time to manage it properly. So they decided to send red flag to the cars which were on the stage, rest was using alternative route.

7. Likes: AnttiL (10th March 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    you stop the next car at the start, send a tow truck on the stage, remove the car and restart the stage.

basically like they do it in almost every rally. if they would cancel a stage each time a car stops on a stage the late starters would not drive a single one.
    If this crash start close to the start, maybe it should be possible. But on 26 km stage it is nonsense, especially in WRC, where only manufacturers and WRC cars are interested for them.

9. Likes: AnttiL (10th March 2019),WRC1 (10th March 2019)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    Please watch your mouth and keep racism off here. Too many people are complaining about your behaviour, so calm down ! No going to ask this again...
    i do not care really, so you can as well ban me now... not gonna change my ways for a bunch of politically correct brits.

11. Likes: Rrysio (10th March 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Which still no-one has produced the FACTS about..
    This is something... TWICE you have been shown them, twice...

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    At WRC level, they just can't stop the stage and start it again. What about tyre wear? fuel onboard each car? What does it matter if I have driven a rally or not?
    Of course they can, there is no problem about the tyre wear, pressure or onboard. Bigger problem is time delay and big gaps in the starting field. So thats why it is usual, if there is no chance to "restart" the stage in few minutes after interruption, it is better to cancel it.

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Yes. Meeke was wrong and didnt know the facts. Makinen soon corrected him yet the discussion went on and on and on...
    Even Nevuille said they did it on purpose and that it was normal to do such things in that team, and it seemed really weird so not so strange we're wondering if there's some truth to it.
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net