Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    If you want a Sunday, then make the most of it; have 70-85km.
    That's the missing part from my post above.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Sundays are down to Sunday cruising mode and the only competition being the PS.
    Pardon my French but this is bullshit. Basically all ralles from Sardegna onwards this year had crazy battles for seconds and/or carnage throughout the Sunday stages. Especially Sardegna, Wales and Catalunya, some of the most exciting rally finales ever? Although, I'm not saying it couldn't have been better by being longer, but even this way it was a good show.

3. Likes: Allez Andruet (12th December 2018),pantealex (13th December 2018)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Pardon my French but this is bullshit. Basically all ralles from Sardegna onwards this year had crazy battles for seconds and/or carnage throughout the Sunday stages. Especially Sardegna, Wales and Catalunya, some of the most exciting rally finales ever? Although, I'm not saying it couldn't have been better by being longer, but even this way it was a good show.
    You didn't quite the word "often" from my post. And yes this year provided more of a spectacle on Sunday, but that was mostly Ogier being in the role of catching up. I'm not sure we'll see this every season. 2018 was just an exception.

BTW when You slam some post with strong words, consider all the meaning in it

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    2017 was the same in regards of 3. day, pretty much on every event. I did some research and posted it here last year, but don`t have time to search for it now...anyway, 1.RMC: Tänak down on cylinders, falling from 2. to 3., last stage half done, he has almost fallen to fifth, but drives the second half insanely(!) well and holds on to his position. 2. Sweden: Latvala leading, both Tänak and Ogier behind just a few seconds. 3. Rally Mexico...Meeke`s carpark trip is in everyones memory for a looong time i believe, 4. Rally Argentina: Neuville vs Evans 0.1s in the end, 5. Rally Poland, Tänak crashing out in an intense fight with Neuville for P1...there was more and even more, if we look at places behind TOP 1.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 12th December 2018 at 21:54.

6. Likes: Allez Andruet (12th December 2018),AnttiL (12th December 2018),pantealex (13th December 2018)
    There is a weak point in all the above concepts (including mine), current starting order rules.

Liked 31 Times in 24 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    There is a weak point in all the above concepts (including mine), current starting order rules.
    Best idea would be some sort of qualifying stage maybe third run of shakedowns results set the road order

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Or average of 3 runs, altering the starting position.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    2017 was the same in regards of 3. day, pretty much on every event. I did some research and posted it here last year, but don`t have time to search for it now...anyway, 1.RMC: Tänak down on cylinders, falling from 2. to 3., last stage half done, he has almost fallen to fifth, but drives the second half insanely(!) well and holds on to his position. 2. Sweden: Latvala leading, both Tänak and Ogier behind just a few seconds. 3. Rally Mexico...Meeke`s carpark trip is in everyones memory for a looong time i believe, 4. Rally Argentina: Neuville vs Evans 0.1s in the end, 5. Rally Poland, Tänak crashing out in an intense fight with Neuville for P1...there was more and even more, if we look at places behind TOP 1.
    Yeah, You're right, there has been many. All I remember are Argentina '17 & Sardegna '18, both won by Neuville (this is very bad for my pseudo french spiritual condition, meditate on this I will). I don't qualify as a Rally fan do I, don't remember much of statistics and so on... I only watch rally last 15 years just to see the Finns humiliation by two frenchies, ouch.

Quote Originally Posted by able1 View Post
    Best idea would be some sort of qualifying stage maybe third run of shakedowns results set the road order
    I always support the idea of fair play. Thumbs up.

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by able1 View Post
    Gives advantage to drivers who can memorise a short stage really well rather than those who can read the road well the first time though. Less rally and more rallysprint, isn't there enough repeating the same stages in WRC already? I'd rather see more new stages than see who has memorised an old stage best after driving it 50 times in their career.

Road order advantage/disadvantage usually seems to balance out reasonably even over a season and often depends more on weather than anything else, where is the unfairness there? Is it just because certain drivers whinge whenever it doesn't give them an advantage?

13. Likes: b3637853 (13th December 2018),Lead (13th December 2018)