Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redlancer555 View Post
    I had both 2.8 and 2.9, much preferred the 2.8 and it was in Moonstone blue. Loved the car.
    Cool, moonstone blue must have been quite a rare colour on the 2.8, or was it an early MK2?

Mine was an early pre LSD mk1 in nimbus grey with rs turbo doglegs on it. Was looking for either a 309GTI or Renault 11turbo but a mate offered it to me for good money, and he had an xr3 at the time that he turbo'd and was a Cossie eater, so I knew it would go well.

Being a non LSD model, I used to be able to perform donuts on the spot (in a private field) no larger circumference than the length of the car. Even used to go through the gears, up to 3rd gear with the speedo reading 90mph
    Mate of mine had an identical car, but slightly later with LSD. He could never make his do it, would just pull round in a large arc. Loved that car too.

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    Current Road Car: Ford Focus ST3 (247bhp of fun)
    Previous: 2007 Skoda Octavia vRS Petrol, Toyota Corolla EFi

I bought these cars I guess because of their rally heritage and rally styling, also because they are petrol. I much prefer driving petrol cars than diesels and I don't travel huge mileage;
    In my day job I am fortunate to drive several different types of cars, Mercs, Ford jeeps, Jaguars, BMWs etc so I want a high revving petrol with power when I have my own time to drive.

Rally Car: Honda Civic EK4 SiR

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Was looking for either a 309GTI or Renault 11turbo
    I actually had both of them among my French hot-hatches.

No real rally link and it was the time of bad car crime and those two were more subtle than the well-known 205GTi and R5GTT.

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I actually had both of them among my French hot-hatches.

No real rally link and it was the time of bad car crime and those two were more subtle than the well-known 205GTi and R5GTT.
    They were both rallied, 309 by Richard burns and r11 by Jean ragnotti.

Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    They were both rallied, 309 by Richard burns and r11 by Jean ragnotti.
    I know, but their rally pedigree wasnt really what made made me want them. I loved the way the drove - great handling especially - and their understated looks.

I did look into the R11T's rally history after I had one and read how good it was on asphalt. They even beat cars like the BMW M3 and Sierra Cosworth in the 1987 WRC !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    I rally a 95 GC8 when I have time, and have an E30 325i that I put a cage in too, so use that for track and hillclimbs. My daily drivers are 2014 Impreza 2L as its practical and a GTB Legacy as it tows the fun cars. So definitely bought the cars because of rallying...

7. Likes: GravelBen (16th December 2018)
    Toyota WRC fans... the Yaris GR MN does well in this latest hot-hatch test !

https://youtu.be/7ynOVRMKjPw