Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 aprc

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Does Cusco is using Dytko's Yaris with AP4 running gears for this season..?

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk
    I haven't seen the car up close yet, but I believe the answer is yes. They likely put all of their mechanical parts including the TRD-developped engine from their old car in to the Dytko bodyshell.

Edit: I just noticed that the Yaris has the same NZ numberplate as last year. So, is it a new Dytko bodyshell or just some aero updated parts?
    Last edited by Rally Hokkaido; 3rd February 2019 at 13:44.
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 183 Times in 122 Posts
    From Dytko fb
    "A few more pics from the presentation of cusco and racing toyota yaris ap4, during the salon in Tokyo.! We are currently working on a new project for this company - special, Sports Body Kit Toyota C-HR..! ���� we hope to finish the work Ready product to the end and quarter of this year.. ��

Japanese company cusco presented during this year's TOKYO AUTO SALON new racing toyota yaris category ap4, prepared for season 2019 of the Asian and Pacific Championship-Fia Asia Pacific Rally Championship.!���� our company delivered sports body kit bodywork, the same one we mount Proto..! ������"

3. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (6th February 2019)
    Liked 18 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Thanks for the stage info links. Without even watching them I could imagine what the stages are like! I probably sound biased, but the only region in Japan that can properly host an APRC round is Hokkaido. The Montre Organisers face far bigger challenges than exposed guardrail ends. Unless they receive a waiver, they need to find more than double the length of their 2018 stage mileage, which was composed of only four and half roads averaging 6kms in length, each used two or three times. Another waiver will be required for most of the stages to be run on tarmac. I actually believe the delay in announcing the calendar is due to the difficulties they have had in producing an acceptable itinerary.
    The video link is from 2017 when the rally was tarmac. 2018 (& 2019) was gravel.
    https://youtu.be/1TJZI7n-nT4

5. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (12th February 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by fredfush View Post
    The video link is from 2017 when the rally was tarmac. 2018 (& 2019) was gravel.
    https://youtu.be/1TJZI7n-nT4
    2018 looks like a mixed surface event. Regardless of surface, making an APRC itinerary will be a challenge!

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    2019 Rally of Johor, along with MRC season are being cancelled

Details on their website.

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Thanks for the stage info links. Without even watching them I could imagine what the stages are like! I probably sound biased, but the only region in Japan that can properly host an APRC round is Hokkaido. The Montre Organisers face far bigger challenges than exposed guardrail ends. Unless they receive a waiver, they need to find more than double the length of their 2018 stage mileage, which was composed of only four and half roads averaging 6kms in length, each used two or three times. Another waiver will be required for most of the stages to be run on tarmac. I actually believe the delay in announcing the calendar is due to the difficulties they have had in producing an acceptable itinerary.
    I just spent 25m looking randomy around Hokkaido in Google Street View and the impression---other than being really quite bueatiful---is the place looks to be swarming with lots of squiggly roads...which considering all the mountains isn't that surprising...

So the question is why is getting road permissions so difficult? Bureaucracy? Local populace resistance?
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    My understanding is Hokkaido is okay for a stage rally if there is enough forward planning. The Japan APRC round has been held there for nearly 20 years.

Gunma prefecture (where the 2nd Japanese Aprc rally round was scheduled for 2019) (north west of Toyko) is one of the places the touge racing, night drifting on unclosed mountain roads started. The officials are probably a bit over the car culture types.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...saki-beard-ban (Give you an idea of what some of the local officials are like)

https://jalopnik.com/japans-real-lif...hin-1710304740

https://youtu.be/QNoB5ItkhmU Drift Haruna (low quality vid - US guy? in Japan)

Liked 25 Times in 20 Posts
    Paddon releasing his program this week.

11. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (10th March 2019)

Liked 30 Times in 18 Posts
    Rifat Sungkar and Mitsubshi Indonesia has just launched the Xpander AP4, based from the 7-seater MPV car.

58461116_1426731994135551_1660683898528464896_o.jpg

He could be entered Rally of Indonesia on July with this car. However, it's still just a concept

14. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (25th April 2019),pantealex (25th April 2019),Rally Hokkaido (13th May 2019)