Page 4 of 103 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    yeah but...two highest out of two car team is the whole team...I think the plural stands for multiple teams and only one car scores manu points.
    "highest placed car(s) in each team will score"

Hard to say, maybe you are right, maybe I understand it correctly.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 137 Times in 54 Posts
    Our review on WRC2 technical regulations, past and future WRC2 Championships:
    https://wrcwings.wordpress.com/2018/...hips-for-2019/
    WRCWings - Aerodynamics of WRC

Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    This is just unrealistic. The promoter should have financed half season for every team?
    While I'd like to see money returned to the teams by the promoter, I doubt they're in a position to do so. What they can do is add VALUE to a second division, with coverage and such like, so that the manufactures involved can justify a relatively modest (in motorsport terms) investment in running a two car team in that second division. I don't think the promoter sees the value in anything other than the main class. I understand that somewhat, but they're putting all their eggs in one basket.

While my idea is optimistic, it's similar to the situation in 2009 and 2010 with the 'Manufacturer/WRC Teams' of Stobart M-Sport and Citroën Junior Team. I'm not saying the manufacturers needs to provide fully funded drives. A 'Hyundai MDP' team could include Huttunen and Pierre-Louis Loubet, with Loubet funding most of his drive.

What does WRC2 Pro actually provide as a platform? We'll see what the exposure is like next year, but as a development series it is far from ideal. Does a partial season, sometimes against little competition on some rounds they take part in, really prepare the like of Huttunen or Rovanpera for a full WRC drive in 2020? If you're going to bring up new talent to the WRC, at some point a manufacturer will have to be paying for them to learn all the rallies. Why pay for them to do this in an expensive WRC car rather than an R5?

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    I understand sniper view; if the purpose is to have a manus series, the 14 events should be mandatory and 2 cars as well. Still, I’d prefer to keep a sole WRC2 series with only 8 mandatory events, 6 of them also counting for a privateer cup (a bit like U28 inside overall ERC). Anyway, let's hope WRC2 Pro works and gets a decent exposure this time; the same for WRC2.
    I'm totally with you on that. Personally I'd have structured it as:
    WRC2 - 14 rounds and 2 cars mandatory, same manufacturer Championship rules as the main class (3 cars permitted, top 2 score ect). WRC2 has essentially always been a manufacturer dominated class and remains as such, retaining its clear identity.
    PWRC (Privateer World Rally Cup) - Has the same rules as 2019 WRC2. A 'Cup' is a far better title for something where two competitors for a Championship can literally have never competed against each other by the time a winner is declared.
    JWRC - As is.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Can’t a top private team make a deal with VW and run WRC2 Pro as a semi-works team? VW would only need to register the team entry in the series and give some tech support. That’s what Loeb’s team has been doing in the WTCR (in that case manus entries aren’t formally allowed).
    Haven't VW themselves also said that their works team is available to someone who is able to fund its operation? To me this is where the promoter has a role to play again. If you look at Bernie Ecclestone as the ultimate promoter, he was all about putting deals together like pieces of a jigsaw to help his overall picture rather than just focusing on deals only directly affecting the promoter itself. As the promoter you'd want to be entertaining the likes of Lukoil, Liqui Moly, BWT and Monster Energy, having the foundations laid to allow relationships that could see a 'BWT Volkswagen Junior Team' or 'Monster Energy M-Sport'. They might not be paying the promoter directly, but they'd be benefiting from having a stronger product.

4. Likes: Rally Power (7th December 2018),steve.mandzij (14th December 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Some years ago I think FIA dictated the calendars for the support championships. Might not be a bad idea to do it again?

Something like..

WRC2 Pro: Monte, Sweden, Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Finland, Germany, Turkey, Oz (all events count)

WRC2: Corse, Portugal, Sardinia, Finland, Germany, Wales, Spain (6 of 7 count)

This would:

- Force championship contenders to actually fight each other
    - Keep costs down for WRC2 privateers
    - Ensure better entry lists on flyaway events (providing pro series was popular)
    - Few clashes between each series ensure that pro doesn’t overshadow privateers championship

Some teams could always pimp out their second cars to privateer locals on flyaway events to collect manufacturers points and make the pro series affordable for them.

6. Likes: dnb (8th December 2018),Micke_VOC (8th December 2018),Rally Hokkaido (10th December 2018),Rally Power (7th December 2018),WRC1 (7th December 2018)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    My suggestion would be to have either WRC2 Pro or JWRC as the main support series on each rally. This would make the entry lists equal on every rally and give better attention to JWRC. Privateer WRC2 would be available everywhere to make it fair for privateers around the world. But then again, this arrangement would not be fair for some rallies whose entry lists would be smaller this way, having had previously both JWRC and big number of WRC2 entries.

8. Likes: pantealex (7th December 2018)
    Liked 252 Times in 158 Posts
    How about that structure:

WRC - main class (WRC car)
    WRC2 - support class (R5 car)
    ERC, APRC, ARC, CODASUR, MERC, NACAM - regional (R4 car - if it will be any)
    JUNIOR CUP - youngsters (R2 car)

Winner gets a seat in higher class car for next season.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    ERC, APRC, ARC, CODASUR, MERC, NACAM - regional (R4 car - if it will be any)
    Just why when in Europe everyone and his granny has R5?

For Your information there is at this moment only ONE actually competing R4 car in Europe but many hundreds of R5 car.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: AnttiL (7th December 2018),pantealex (7th December 2018),TWRC (7th December 2018)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Privateer WRC2 would be available everywhere to make it fair for privateers around the world.
    Don’t privateers from outside of Europe generally use European based teams anyhow?

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post

Winner gets a seat in higher class car for next season.
    Paid by whom?

Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Don’t privateers from outside of Europe generally use European based teams anyhow?
    I don't know but for example Gustavo Saba doesn't seem to do any European starts. Pedro Helller seems to have used a different car in his two European starts this year.