Page 16 of 103 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Liked 95 Times in 37 Posts
    Perhaps this is a discussion for a separate thread? "Talents 2019" f.ex. with leads and links to drivers we hope will make an impact.

I personally would love to discuss talents on the verge of WRC/WRC2/JWRC/ERC worth checking out and following in their local rallies. Especially outside the nordics, since I am swedish and limited knowledge/updated information on talents in other parts of Europe and the world.

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Maybe you should do some research?
    Bedoret: vice Junior Champion in Belgium behind De Mevius, very impressive debut year with an R5, setting multiple scratches in the 2nd half of the year. Backed by Skoda Belgium and coached by Freddy Loix
    De Mevius: Belgian Junior Champion, RACB National driver. Very fast at times, but inconsistent. Maybe the less talented of the 3.
    Munster: Belgian Junior CHampion, vice champion in the Adam Cup, won his 2nd rally in an R5 beating some local and more experienced drivers in very tricky conditions.

So, 3 young guys who clearly have talent, who are not afraid to try to make it abroad. I think WRC is where the biggest talents of different countries come together. And they are some of the biggest talents in Belgium.
    But all three of them are still not ready for WRC...

3. Likes: AnttiL (11th January 2019),Jarek Z (11th January 2019)
    Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Entertainer View Post
    Perhaps this is a discussion for a separate thread? "Talents 2019" f.ex. with leads and links to drivers we hope will make an impact.

I personally would love to discuss talents on the verge of WRC/WRC2/JWRC/ERC worth checking out and following in their local rallies. Especially outside the nordics, since I am swedish and limited knowledge/updated information on talents in other parts of Europe and the world.
    Good idea!

Whar the Belgians are doing, going for expierince in Wrc. I would cal that "investing" money, not "wasting".
    All those milions going to some footbal players, thats wasting. Talents, or drivers paying money to do wrc is way better!

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Pieniazek is a surprise. I dont remember him impressing in WRC2. Seems his sponsors money and maybe M-Sport Poland were the key to him getting this chance.
    Actually, I was impressed with Pieniazek last year in Portugal; he looked fast on the stages, making decent times in most of them. Besides, he was around WRC2 top 5 all season long (finishing on P5), which can be impressive considering he was only on his second 4wd season ever. If Ingram runs the WRC2 this season, I bet he probably won’t beat the Polish.

Btw, this talk about driver A or B running the WRC just because they’re loaded seems a bit stupid; do drivers run the national series or the ERC without costs? Without money (personal or sponsors) no one can succeed in motorsport.
    Rally addict since 1982

6. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Actually, I was impressed with Pieniazek last year in Portugal; he looked fast on the stages, making decent times in most of them. Besides, he was around WRC2 top 5 all season long (finishing on P5), which can be impressive considering he was only on his second 4wd season ever. If Ingram runs the WRC2 this season, I bet he probably won’t beat the Polish.

Btw, this talk about driver A or B running the WRC just because they’re loaded seems a bit stupid; do drivers run the national series or the ERC without costs? Without money (personal or sponsors) no one can succeed in motorsport.
    Speaking of Ingram... even when he wins money he cant get it !!

@autosport
    Chris Ingram is understood to still be waiting for the €100,000 prize money he earned for winning the 2017 European Rally Championship's Under 27 title.
    https://www.autosport.com/erc/news/1...27-prize-money

This is awful for a young guy with no personal sponsor (ie no rich daddy), and who has made his way by sourcing his own funding from sponsorship, getting results by his talent and attracting manu drives (Peugeot UK, Vauxhall UK, Opel) and by winning prize money.

The FIA (ERC) should be ashamed.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 11th January 2019 at 15:56.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Rhys Yates @RhysYatesRally

Excited to reveal my 2019 WRC-2 plans here at the @Autosport_Show on the @autosport stage today.
    After several years of progress and learning, I'm delighted to be heading into my biggest season yet.
    It's going to be mega !

Find out what's in the pipeline: https://twitter.com/RhysYatesRally/s...16581356048385
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Bit disappointed if those are the only 2 M-Sport drivers for the year. No complaints at either, the more the merrier, but I would have thought the new R5 car would be more important to the company than the WRC one this year, so was really hoping they'd have Tidemand, Camilli or another pro to advertise that car and put it in a good light.

Re: the Ingram story, I hope that reaches a swift conclusion in his favour; if he has to go into some sort of legal action that could be the end of his career.
    aka Rodger Davies

10. Likes: Jarek Z (12th January 2019)
    Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Bit disappointed if those are the only 2 M-Sport drivers for the year. No complaints at either, the more the merrier, but I would have thought the new R5 car would be more important to the company than the WRC one this year, so was really hoping they'd have Tidemand, Camilli or another pro to advertise that car and put it in a good light.
    New Fiesta will not be soon, I dont expect to have it in the first half of the season...

Liked 490 Times in 250 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    New Fiesta will not be soon, I dont expect to have it in the first half of the season...
    I thought I read they were aiming for Finland, but I may well be mixed up with the Fabia (or taking speculation as news)
    aka Rodger Davies

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodge33cymru View Post
    Money talk, you know... I'm disappointed too. With such decisions the name "WRC2 Pro" doesn't make any sense.

By the way - I have a trivia question for you all: does anybody know what the word Pieniążek means?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!