Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Greensmith and Pieniazek confirmed for M-Sport’s WRC2Pro entry

https://www.m-sport.co.uk/single-pos...-FOR-WRC-2-PRO
    Pieniazek is a surprise. I dont remember him impressing in WRC2. Seems his sponsors money and maybe M-Sport Poland were the key to him getting this chance.

2. Likes: Entertainer (10th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019),RS (11th January 2019),WRC1 (11th January 2019),WUff1 (11th January 2019)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Pieniazek is a surprise. I dont remember him impressing in WRC2. Seems his sponsors money and maybe M-Sport Poland were the key to him getting this chance.
    I think both are pay-drivers, both not bad but not what I would call ‘Pro’

Don’t think they’ll give Rovanpera and Kopecky much trouble.

4. Likes: AnttiL (11th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019),the sniper (11th January 2019)
    Liked 487 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I think both are pay-drivers, both not bad but not what I would call ‘Pro’

Don’t think they’ll give Rovanpera and Kopecky much trouble.
    Exactly!

6. Likes: Jarek Z (11th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    only show that the times when promotion to WRC required skills and results are long gone
    Maybe you should do some research?
    Bedoret: vice Junior Champion in Belgium behind De Mevius, very impressive debut year with an R5, setting multiple scratches in the 2nd half of the year. Backed by Skoda Belgium and coached by Freddy Loix
    De Mevius: Belgian Junior Champion, RACB National driver. Very fast at times, but inconsistent. Maybe the less talented of the 3.
    Munster: Belgian Junior CHampion, vice champion in the Adam Cup, won his 2nd rally in an R5 beating some local and more experienced drivers in very tricky conditions.

So, 3 young guys who clearly have talent, who are not afraid to try to make it abroad. I think WRC is where the biggest talents of different countries come together. And they are some of the biggest talents in Belgium.

8. Likes: Got Mail (11th January 2019),skarderud (11th January 2019)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Last year in Deutschland Bedoret was on his best stage result 15th fastest in RC2 class. Did he have some technical problems throughout the rally?

Munster seems to have about 200 km of competitive kilometres on an R5 car.

I don't think experience and results are a requirement for WRC2, but it's an expensive series to learn driving.

10. Likes: Jarek Z (11th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    I did.

Bedoret: he was competing in ERC 2 years ago and failed to finish any event. 0 points. Last year full Belgian championship in the best car. Not a single win. Where is this impressive debut year?

De Mevius: He's been competing in R5 car for 2 years and hasn't won anything. Where is this talent?

Munster: I saw him in Barum Rally last year. After a series of bad stage times he finished 8th in ERC3 class. Is it impressive?

I wish them good luck. I just find it strange that someone wastes so much money.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Come on, this is laughable discussion. Look at Pieniazek. He was very slow when he started in WRC2 and now he is works driver for M-Sport. Everybody has to start somehow and gain experience.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

13. Likes: Got Mail (11th January 2019),pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 1,389 Times in 447 Posts
    I just find it strange that someone wastes so much money.
    I just love, simply just love it. It's rallying.
    Photos: rallirinki.kuvat.fi | Twitter: @HartusvuoriWRC

15. Likes: pantealex (11th January 2019)
    Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    I did.

Bedoret: he was competing in ERC 2 years ago and failed to finish any event. 0 points. Last year full Belgian championship in the best car. Not a single win. Where is this impressive debut year?

De Mevius: He's been competing in R5 car for 2 years and hasn't won anything. Where is this talent?

Munster: I saw him in Barum Rally last year. After a series of bad stage times he finished 8th in ERC3 class. Is it impressive?

I wish them good luck. I just find it strange that someone wastes so much money.
    Don't underestimate the level in het belgian championship. For Example, Verschueren and Princen finished 40 and 49 seconds behind Neuville after 277km stage in Ypres.
    De Mevius, I have to agree I'm convinced he is a super talent, but he isn't slow or anything.
    Munster, it was only his 2nd full year. He struggled in Barum yes. But overall he made great progress over the year and is very well coached.

I'm not saying they will finish on the podium in WRC2. Not this year. But they sure have (big) potential. Like Mirek says, you have to start somewhere.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dupanton View Post
    Bedoret: vice Junior Champion in Belgium behind De Mevius, very impressive debut year with an R5, setting multiple scratches in the 2nd half of the year. Backed by Skoda Belgium and coached by Freddy Loix
    De Mevius: Belgian Junior Champion, RACB National driver. Very fast at times, but inconsistent. Maybe the less talented of the 3.
    Munster: Belgian Junior CHampion, vice champion in the Adam Cup, won his 2nd rally in an R5 beating some local and more experienced drivers in very tricky conditions.

So, 3 young guys who clearly have talent, who are not afraid to try to make it abroad. I think WRC is where the biggest talents of different countries come together. And they are some of the biggest talents in Belgium.
    de mevius and munster are both good examples of how enough money can make someone look fast in the lower classes.
    as soon as they get up to a level where they no longer fight amateurs, but others with the same support and budget we'll see how good they really are.

bedoret is more difficult. he obviously only got in that r5 car because he had the biggest bag of money, but i think he might have some speed. probably not enough to be playing with the international big boys, but perhaps enough to become belgian champion someday.

there is only one belgian driver who impressed me this year, and its fernémont.

18. Likes: Jarek Z (11th January 2019)