Page 45 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    And Østberg announced in FIA press conference post Sweden he's also going next to Argentina.

2. Likes: pantealex (18th February 2019)
    Liked 1,504 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Win for Mads in WRC2 Pro despite his many complaints about the C3 R5.

'It's a smile of relief to be at the end. The result is really good, to come here on my first rally in the category and win is good. A difficult weekend but the result is strong.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    No, because he could`ve spent time there as well...

Why all that negativity?
    Just because all of that quoted - absolutely PR farce.
    Watch till the end. Mads can troll even Citroen PR stuff.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJW4ge6lWl0

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    There is plenty of drivers, who are able to set fast times. But to finish the rally on top places is not so easy. It is not only about driving skills, but also about mentality and mind. I have expected Kalle will have problems with this last year, but he surprised. But this year as he is number one in the team and everybody expect good result from him...
    In Monte he didn't have any information about the possible ice in that corner from his ice note crew.
    Also this was his first Rally Sweden and first time working with factory team in Snow conditions with just one day of testing in Monday and I believe Kalle and the team had different thoughts about what setup works and what not.
    We saw him test the new Evo Fabia in Czech but that has nothing to do with Sweden and is a different car.

Also where was Nikolay? Did he jump into WRC too quickly? Maybe more national rallies to build up some speed first.

Liked 253 Times in 103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yes, unfortunately the WRC Pro has turned into a bad joke. Pity.
    I would be tempted to give it some more time.

It is too early to dismiss it. It may look very different next year.

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Probably no. Even most of the manuf. don`t take it seriously, clear indication is last weekends Sweden, not to mention the upcoming joke in Rally Mexico.

7. Likes: pantealex (18th February 2019)
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...kda5DA/pubhtml

If the WRC2Pro rules applied to the 2018 season, how would it affect the standings? Well, Huttunen would have gained a lot more positions by being a Pro driver behind regular WRC2 drivers. On WRC2, Nil Solans and Benito Guerra would benefit as well, being closer to bigger points.

9. Likes: the sniper (18th February 2019)
    Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    In Monte he didn't have any information about the possible ice in that corner from his ice note crew.
    Also this was his first Rally Sweden and first time working with factory team in Snow conditions with just one day of testing in Monday and I believe Kalle and the team had different thoughts about what setup works and what not.
    We saw him test the new Evo Fabia in Czech but that has nothing to do with Sweden and is a different car.

Also where was Nikolay? Did he jump into WRC too quickly? Maybe more national rallies to build up some speed first.
    Come on, you are trying to troll again? There is plenty of places on Monte where should be ice and you have no notes about it from gravel crew. He easily started too quickly and made a mistake. And your theory regarding "works car" is also... ...funny. Nikolay has decided to go different way - from beginning he wanted to start more careful as his main target was go through all stages without problems to have possibility to learn them for future and not finish somewhere out of the road. It is a question if this tactics was good or not...

11. Likes: Rallyper (18th February 2019)
    Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Come on, you are trying to troll again? And your theory regarding "works car" is also... ...funny.
    Well this is what he said all the time during the rally, I don't see how it is trolling Source: https://www.rallit.fi/kalle-rovanper...ksi-sen-takia/

Nikolay has decided to go different way - from beginning he wanted to start more careful as his main target was go through all stages without problems to have possibility to learn them for future and not finish somewhere out of the road. It is a question if this tactics was good or not...
    Nikolay was absolutely no where, even thought Kalle went off twice he still showed some pace. Nikolay with his pre event rallies and tests should have been able to fight for atleast podium places, but now his best stage results were 5th in WRC2. I guess that is the level of ERC nowadays

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    I am sorry to everyone that I have broken my resolution not to answer to Essaj. My fault, I will try not to repeat it

For the two first WRC rallies of this year, there has not been a Skoda in the top 5 of class RC2. The last time this happened was in Australia 2015.

15. Likes: Hartusvuori (19th February 2019)