Page 75 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Loubet to Skoda...
    I think that the possibility of him having some sort of semi-official entry into WRC2 Pro (if that nonse repeats itself) is not impossible. There is a lot of money behind Loubet and as You can see the WRC2 Pro team of M-Sport is built on the very same basis. Not saying it will happen but certainly that is not impossible.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: pantealex (18th June 2019)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think that the possibility of him having some sort of semi-official entry into WRC2 Pro (if that nonse repeats itself) is not impossible. There is a lot of money behind Loubet and as You can see the WRC2 Pro team of M-Sport is built on the very same basis. Not saying it will happen but certainly that is not impossible.
    Agree. But then money is involved, unlike Rovanperä. Like Pieniazek in Ford. There are plenty of youngsters who should be there ahead of Loubet. That´s what I meant.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    There are plenty of youngsters who should be there ahead of Loubet. That´s what I meant.
    Now Per, my friend.

Who do you think is better option than Loubet, I´m not saying he is best but he is fast in both Gravel and Tarmac. Has just won 2 WRC2 events in row with quality opponents.

Gryazin maybe but plenty I don´t think so.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

5. Likes: dimviii (18th June 2019),Mirek (18th June 2019),RS (18th June 2019)
    Liked 1,529 Times in 657 Posts
    Emil Bergkvist...?

7. Likes: cali (18th June 2019),pantealex (19th June 2019),RS (18th June 2019)
    Liked 240 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Emil Bergkvist...?
    ... who ended up almost two minutes behind Loubet in Portugal?

9. Likes: pantealex (19th June 2019)
    Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    From Autosport:

Ostberg to miss Rally Finland in favour of R5 testing

One man who won't be in Estonia or Finland is Mads Ostberg. The Norwegian - who finished second on last year's Rally Finland in the team's full WRC squad - wants Citroen to focus on the development of the C3 R5 before it returns to fast gravel.

Given the high-speed nature of the next round of the series, the concern is for front-end grip as the air gets underneath and lifts the car's nose over the jumps.

"We need a lip at the front of the car," said Ostberg, "this would help, but I have been talking about this since Sweden. I said back then that it would be difficult to do Finland if we didn't have this work and it hasn't come, so we don't go. "I was supposed to do Finland, but I'm pulling [on] the brake a little bit now. I don't want to commit to doing more unless we do more work with the car. The car is getting older and the others are coming with new cars and we need to work on this; I am trying to change the philosophy with the car to make it quicker, but now we see if they listen to me or not. Really, it hurts a lot not to do Finland. I wanted to do it, I want to do it, but we are not prepared for it - simple as that."
    #M-SPORTER

11. Likes: dimviii (10th July 2019),gorganl2000 (11th July 2019),the sniper (11th July 2019)
    Liked 2,833 Times in 1,607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Now Per, my friend.

Who do you think is better option than Loubet, I´m not saying he is best but he is fast in both Gravel and Tarmac. Has just won 2 WRC2 events in row with quality opponents.

Gryazin maybe but plenty I don´t think so.
    Well, I shouldn´t have to explain for an experienced rallyfan how much you need to practice before you get the speed. No one, I say no one have done so few rallies like Emil did, and yet belongs to the top. It´s still pity he don´t get his chances. measuring drivers like many guys on this forum does doesn´t impress me.

I don´t even remember when that was said. I have bad memory. Still think Emil should be in Finland.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 11th July 2019 at 18:06.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    From Autosport:

Ostberg to miss Rally Finland in favour of R5 testing

One man who won't be in Estonia or Finland is Mads Ostberg. The Norwegian - who finished second on last year's Rally Finland in the team's full WRC squad - wants Citroen to focus on the development of the C3 R5 before it returns to fast gravel.

Given the high-speed nature of the next round of the series, the concern is for front-end grip as the air gets underneath and lifts the car's nose over the jumps.

"We need a lip at the front of the car," said Ostberg, "this would help, but I have been talking about this since Sweden. I said back then that it would be difficult to do Finland if we didn't have this work and it hasn't come, so we don't go. "I was supposed to do Finland, but I'm pulling [on] the brake a little bit now. I don't want to commit to doing more unless we do more work with the car. The car is getting older and the others are coming with new cars and we need to work on this; I am trying to change the philosophy with the car to make it quicker, but now we see if they listen to me or not. Really, it hurts a lot not to do Finland. I wanted to do it, I want to do it, but we are not prepared for it - simple as that."
    This is half-plausible. Lukyanuk didn’t go very well in Latvia which is also a high speed gravel event (although not with so many jumps). However seems a bit of a stretch to complain the car is getting old, particularly as others have said the car is now near the head of the pack and has a very strong engine.

Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Citroen are so fucking slow at getting round to implementing changes drivers push for. If you want Ostberg to run and develop the car then listen to the major changes he claims are vital...

Reading those comments suggest Mads is losing patience and doesn't know if he's even being listened to

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    This is half-plausible. Lukyanuk didn’t go very well in Latvia which is also a high speed gravel event
    Pretty unbeatable in Poland.