Page 48 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    I did criticise his decision to drive a PSA R5 though. I still think that set back his career.
    The other option was not to drive at all. What would you choose? I would take the PSA car any day. The experience counts anyway.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: m-ast (19th February 2019),Rallyper (20th February 2019)
    Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The other option was not to drive at all. What would you choose? I would take the PSA car any day. The experience counts anyway.
    I didn’t know that, so of course.

Sponsors were linked to team rather than driver?

The sponsor was the owner of the car and the team and his name was Jourdan Serderidis.

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Yes.

It’s fair enough to call him a rich kid, but on the other hand I don’t see what he had been doing as much different to Kalle.

Being privileged doesn’t automatically mean you have no talent.
    kalle is the same to me. some kid who has had it all handed to him because of his rich and famous father. he for sure has talent, but we'll have to see how well he does when he comes against opponents who have the same equipment and preparation as him.

they could perhaps both be world champions one day, but at this point neither of them has shown anything so impressive yet that makes me believe that.

6. Likes: dupanton (20th February 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The sponsor was the owner of the car and the team and his name was Jourdan Serderidis.
    Well beggars can’t be choosers I guess. What a shame he didn’t buy a good car though.

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    kalle is the same to me. some kid who has had it all handed to him because of his rich and famous father. he for sure has talent, but we'll have to see how well he does when he comes against opponents who have the same equipment and preparation as him.
    Come on, this is just BS. Kalle has had nothing handed to him. Ofcourse he had the possibility to drive a RWD Starlet as a kid, which not many youngsters can do, but he's a factory driver only because of what he has shown on special stages. Not because of his father or anyone else. And sorry, but your last sentence just doesn't mean anything. He's already driven a lot "against opponents who have the same equipment and preparation".
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan

9. Likes: pantealex (20th February 2019),Rallyper (20th February 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

they could perhaps both be world champions one day, but at this point neither of them has shown anything so impressive yet that makes me believe that.
    I prefer to see someone ‘organically grown’ too, but let’s face it nobody can get anywhere in motorsport unless they have at least a bit of money behind them from the beginning,

Sometimes people who have the equipment and the preparation succeed and sometimes they don’t (Wilson, Bertelli etc)

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    That was Kalle's first event in a Fiesta and with just 50km of testing.
    And first event with new co-driver.

12. Likes: pantealex (20th February 2019)
    Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    And first event with new co-driver.
    and lets dont forget his age

for that age I dont recall anybody who has won so many wrc stages. Stage win its not a rally win of course, but still... (only in sweden he won 3 stages, 6 stages was second)
    Hope stability would come this year. He has some time to get mature

I prefer to see someone ‘organically grown’ too, but let’s face it nobody can get anywhere in motorsport unless they have at least a bit of money behind them from the beginning,

Sometimes people who have the equipment and the preparation succeed and sometimes they don’t (Wilson, Bertelli etc)
    Motorsport has always been about having the right backing at the right time. There is nothing wrong on someone having strong financial support.

15. Likes: Allez Andruet (20th February 2019),pantealex (20th February 2019),Rallyper (20th February 2019)