Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliverk View Post
    How are the Olbia rental car situations, should i book 2 cars now or is there time to do that?
    My cousin rents cars in a town near Olbia, if you want I can put in a good word for you and give you his contact info.
    As far as I know though you have plenty of time to do that, june is still the beginning of the summer season and they are not working full yet.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Flights booked and just have to decide on accommodation in Castel Sardo - 40mins from Alghero but very much closer to Friday and Saturday stages (assuming a similar format to the past 3 years). Hope, that as this may be the last edition, the organisers produce a great route to the limit of max distance. It will be my 4th Rally D'Italia - future visits to Sardinia will be just for sun and hiking
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

3. Likes: AL14 (18th January 2019)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    Flights booked and just have to decide on accommodation in Castel Sardo - 40mins from Alghero but very much closer to Friday and Saturday stages (assuming a similar format to the past 3 years). Hope, that as this may be the last edition, the organisers produce a great route to the limit of max distance. It will be my 4th Rally D'Italia - future visits to Sardinia will be just for sun and hiking
    Castelsardo is a lovely town. Nice choice. If you find time do visit the castle up there, you will enjoy a great view with the sea in one side and hills with mediterranean nature on the other.

5. Likes: Mintexmemory (20th January 2019)
    Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    any tips on finding accomodation? Is booking.com the best option? I see there quite a lot of options in Isola Rossa for better prices than in Alghero. The position doesn't seem too bad either to some of the stages.

Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DoN_cz View Post
    any tips on finding accomodation? Is booking.com the best option? I see there quite a lot of options in Isola Rossa for better prices than in Alghero. The position doesn't seem too bad either to some of the stages.
    If you don't want to be on the car all the time, please situate near Alghero.

Thursday: ALGHERO
    Friday: Finish near ALGHERO
    Saturday: BUDDUSO
    Sunday: ALGHERO

The best option, clearly it's Alghero.
    Catalonia

8. Likes: Oliverk (2nd February 2019)
    Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Atob WRC View Post
    If you don't want to be on the car all the time, please situate near Alghero.

Thursday: ALGHERO
    Friday: Finish near ALGHERO
    Saturday: BUDDUSO
    Sunday: ALGHERO

The best option, clearly it's Alghero.
    Although it's possible to make a good case for Castelsardo, especially if you want to max out the number of stages on the Friday (assuming this year's itinerary is similar to 2018) and be nearer to Buddoso for the Saturday
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Following up on this, our accomodation is in Alghero and we have a car hire booked, though no race tickets or spectator parking spots reserved.

We plan to spectate on Saturday.

Obviously Micky's jump is a good place to watch for action. Surely it will be very busy though - is it worth heading there from Alghero or is that too ambitious a plan?

If not Micky Jump, where would you recommend us a good spot to watch that wouldn't be a nightmare with spectator traffic or parking

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by baconsandwich View Post
    Following up on this, our accomodation is in Alghero and we have a car hire booked, though no race tickets or spectator parking spots reserved.

We plan to spectate on Saturday.

Obviously Micky's jump is a good place to watch for action. Surely it will be very busy though - is it worth heading there from Alghero or is that too ambitious a plan?
    Not too ambitious. I think if you're going to Sardinia you owe it to yourself to try. That's what we told ourselves anyway. Just get there early for the first run. We heard some horror stories before but I think we were there roughly 4 hours ahead and got a place on the wall. We were also parked stage-side which we didn't realise until afterwards. Lots of people camping up there overnight with set-ups. Depends how badly you want to go I guess.

Untitled by Richard Simpson, on Flickr
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

12. Likes: dimviii (27th May 2019),tommeke_B (27th May 2019)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    amazing photo!

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Booking.com is good for Alghero.

Make sure you go to Micky's Jump.

Also, Alghero is the best place to be based, stages aren't too far away which is great.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"