Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 264 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yes, making R5 the top category would most likely lead to making R5 more expensive then they are now.

Actually I am quite positively surprised that FIA managed to keep the R5 prices on the more or less same level for all the time.
    Are TCR cars more expensive now with top class championship running and also satellite teams with works support?

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    An R5+ hybrid with more aerodynamic than the R5 and a wide body could do the job?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

3. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd December 2018)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Id still rather watch the old S2000s than the new R5s. The noise of the s2000s made the IRC and from maybe 2009-2011, that was a superb championship that gripped so many people. Better than the WRC to follow and spectate.

The new generation WRC cars are incredible and wonderful to watch. Whatever the FIA decide on the next batch of regulations they can't dilute the sound and spectacle, so I really don't know what is the next step?

The only problem with the current generation is the lack of top line wrc cars on the stages. That's the only criticism

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    I'm not sure the WRC category cars need the active diffs, as a spectator they don't add anything, but they do add a huge chunk of cost for the teams running them.
    As for hybrid, I know its the way the industry is going, but for rallying if it happens you will end up with lower revving, torque filled powertrains that won't sound as dramatic as they do now...which is what we went away from with the 2.0l cars.

6. Likes: cali (2nd December 2018),pantealex (2nd December 2018),RS (2nd December 2018)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    You can also boost you sound with speakers, also becoming popular in road cars, even Teslas sound like fierce V8`s...saddly.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 2nd December 2018 at 09:56.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Nice discussion going on.

I started this thread in the light of higher and higher costs giving that there are less seats for next year, and who knows what teams can afford in the future. Add environmental pressure from authorities make us think out of the box in this thread.

Older days were better days isn´t always right. Not even looking at rallying.

However I don´t see motivations like "todays WRC is the best happened" and "people will stop interested in rallying if we scale down a couple of steps". No way that is.

Horse and wagon, no. Cars with MC engines. No. But something else from todays monsters, maybe necessary from many point of views in the future. Go on discuss!!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

9. Likes: pantealex (2nd December 2018)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    To look and sound spectacular in action is crucial. The performance doesn't have to be like the 2017 cars to still be fast.

R5 cars are good but after seeing a WRC car they seem puny.

Future cars should be hybrid with electric power and a small petrol for noise. Plus going back to a bigger body would also help the cars to look more spectacular.
    #M-SPORTER

11. Likes: skarderud (2nd December 2018)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    An R5+ hybrid with more aerodynamic than the R5 and a wide body could do the job?

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    That would make them completely new cars. The R5 powertrain is not able to integrate hybrid systems.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Are TCR cars more expensive now with top class championship running and also satellite teams with works support?
    I do not follow circuits at all. Sorry.

Liked 199 Times in 118 Posts
    R5 cars should be enough for the top category. FIA should control the price of the car. But this will never happen. Money turns the world around.