Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    And why I am so active in threads like this? Because some our members keep dreaming about some magical formula which will cost like an R2 car but will basically be an R4.
    Anyone is free to dream but R4 it’s not a dream, it’s a reality and the market will decide if it’s viable, not you or me. As a rally fan I’m happy that R4 can provide privateers a larger choice of 4wd cars and private tuners can get more work with it; it’s also an opportunity to attract some brands that left the sport and others that still haven’t try it, which seems great.

Will it work? Time will tell. For now I can only hope the FIA will be reasonable enough to put R4 on a separate class from R5 and Oreca gets a bit more active promoting it; an Oreca sponsored R4 Cup in the ERC, using different models, could be a nice way to do it.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I have nothing against R4, those are welcomed to rallies.

But I´m worried, it was homologated January 1st and less than 5 have been built. I think every other FIA what ever R car have sold more than that in first year.
    Every european country are still building their own non fia 4wd, not FIA R4.

Like I have told before: In Finland R4 is in same class than Impreza/Lancer (N4) , still only 1 R4 is coming and same time 15 Proto 4wd have been sold and those Proto cars are NOT accepted in Finnish championship for point scoring.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

3. Likes: Rally Power (5th December 2018)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Every european country are still building their own non fia 4wd, not FIA R4.
    Like I have told before: In Finland R4 is in same class than Impreza/Lancer (N4) , still only 1 R4 is coming and same time 15 Proto 4wd have been sold and those Proto cars are NOT accepted in Finnish championship for point scoring.
    That proves there’s a demand for less expensive 4wd cars; the FIA took a long time to get it and Oreca hasn't been able to make a proper promotion of the R4.

If R4 faills, the opportuny of a single worldwide 4wd entry class will be lost; it’s hard to believe the FIA will care to match nacional 4wd protos under a common rule.
    Rally addict since 1982

5. Likes: pantealex (6th December 2018)