Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,476 Times in 1,016 Posts
    I also liked how rallying was different in having their seeding earned by the championship standings from the year before, in some national championships the first numbers are determined by the current championship standings. I think a top number should be earned by strong performances, not chosen. Also it's a bit ridiculous in WRC that there are so many "gaps" between the numbers. In a "normal" rally, number 50 should be +- the 49th car (excluding n°13) at the start of the event.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (13th January 2019),janvanvurpa (25th January 2019),PLuto (13th January 2019),Rally Power (13th January 2019),steve.mandzij (13th January 2019),TWRC (14th January 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Thinking about this more, I realised that all the WRC drivers have a co-driver of the same nationality. So they could just have one larger national flag next to their names instead of two small ones...
    Nationality and license are two different things, Loeb-Elena being the best example...Tidemand-Floene etc.

4. Likes: AnttiL (13th January 2019),CWJ (13th January 2019),pantealex (13th January 2019),steve.mandzij (13th January 2019),TWRC (14th January 2019)
    Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    Circuit and rallysport is different story.
    You described the past. But this is a try for the future....

What you wrote is only valid for Monte Day 1... not to forget JWRC numbers and Bertelli 37 and national startes up from 100 and ...

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    You described the past. But this is a try for the future....

What you wrote is only valid for Monte Day 1... not to forget JWRC numbers and Bertelli 37 and national startes up from 100 and ...
    No, it is not valid only for Monte Day 1. They have starting numbers for whole event Nobody takes care JWRC, they are somewhere down in the field. Same with national field. I am talking mainly about top drivers. Everybody arounds rallysport expects that driver with smaller number is better/faster. And it is also better for sponsors who are used to know the drivers with smaller drivers because they are top. For example I remember how "surprised" was Norbert Herczig last year, when he, as multi-national champion, received number 24 for Azores...

Everybody around rallysport should know: running order shoes potential and speed, not car number

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Everybody around rallysport should know: running order shoes potential and speed, not car number
    Then why does the fastest guy not start first on the second and third leg?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

9. Likes: pantealex (13th January 2019),PLuto (14th January 2019)
    Liked 170 Times in 97 Posts
    Well, I like this idea.

Often I watch a pure sound video on youtube, and I don't know who is in the car except occasionally when there is a lingering shot on the side and I can read the names. Otherwise, it's "one of the Hyundais" or whatever. If the numbers stayed consistent enough for a casual internet rally fan like me to learn them, that would help.

All we need now is a rule that every car will have a large, clearly visible number on the front so we can see it whilst they are approaching the camera at the start of the (typical) clip.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (14th February 2019),SubaruNorway (15th January 2019)
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    No, it is not valid only for Monte Day 1. They have starting numbers for whole event Nobody takes care JWRC, they are somewhere down in the field. Same with national field. I am talking mainly about top drivers. Everybody arounds rallysport expects that driver with smaller number is better/faster. And it is also better for sponsors who are used to know the drivers with smaller drivers because they are top. For example I remember how "surprised" was Norbert Herczig last year, when he, as multi-national champion, received number 24 for Azores...
    Pluto, 80% of "fans" just have to review their cameras, GoPros or Smartphones...

The true one with startinglist and pencil will know where to do the mark.

Btw: Herzig was 16th after day 1 ... 9 places behind Bernardo Sousa with #31

Liked 26 Times in 18 Posts
    I love that FIA is pushing for personal numbers in more championships. it helps to establish a strong brand.

Until 2018, part-time drivers would use different numbers each race. Hey, Grönholm was champion in 2000 with two different numbers. it was a chaos.
    Nitropteron - Fly fast or get crushed!
    by NaBUrean Prodooktionz
    naburu38.itch.io

Liked 1,995 Times in 793 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
    I love that FIA is pushing for personal numbers in more championships. it helps to establish a strong brand.
    Or then one could say just as boldly that having permanent team numbers helps to establish a strong brand.
    ku ois neljä pyörää ku vetäis ni ois vähän eri sekunnit kyllä pätkillä, sen mä takaan