Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    I prefer square big white numbers with 1 to who won the rally last edition and then by championship standings eheh

2. Likes: m-ast (14th January 2019)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    F1 has 20 permanent numbers in each event, I hope we will same in WRC some day
    (remember that only WRC17-19 drivers have permanent numbers)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    F1 has 20 permanent numbers in each event, I hope we will same in WRC some day
    (remember that only WRC17-19 drivers have permanent numbers)
    Except F1 only has about 20 guys on track during the whole event.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

5. Likes: Rally Power (13th January 2019)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I wish the national flags for the drivers in the side-window were bigger - much quicker & easier to identify.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 144 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I wish the national flags for the drivers in the side-window were bigger - much quicker & easier to identify.
    For me thats ok, i like the smal details between the cars( like the roof air intake on a i20).
    When standing on stages i sometimes find it amusing to here some "experts" calling the wrong drivers..

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Except F1 only has about 20 guys on track during the whole event.
    Exactly; besides, if these personal numbers thing is that important marketing wise (honestly I doubt it), we could accept having WRC1 manus drivers chossing numbers from 1 to 20 but allowing them to choose higher numbers is like pretending the rest of the field (WRC2, JWRC, National crews) isn’t important and could be dispensible. Maybe that’s what the promoter really thinks and wishes for the WRC…
    Rally addict since 1982

9. Likes: m-ast (14th January 2019),PLuto (13th January 2019),tommeke_B (13th January 2019)
    Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    I believe it is quite important for drivers fan gear, people can buy rather costly accessories for years, rather than a season and many consider buying now, as it is a onetime investment. Other than that, i personally couldn`t care less about the numbers, the last thing i look at when searching who is at the wheel.

11. Likes: pantealex (13th January 2019)
    Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Thinking about this more, I realised that all the WRC drivers have a co-driver of the same nationality. So they could just have one larger national flag next to their names instead of two small ones...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 161 Times in 79 Posts
    Well if the idea of permanent driver numbers is wrong, I wonder why so many cars in random cities wear a 46 near the rear screen ...

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CWJ View Post
    Well if the idea of permanent driver numbers is wrong, I wonder why so many cars in random cities wear a 46 near the rear screen ...
    Circuit and rallysport is different story. On circuit races, you have cars/bikes together in one group on the circuit, they needs to have big numbers to be seen and spectators are recognizing that competitors via this big numbers or design of the bike/car. Rallysport is different story - when you are as spectator on the stage, you usually see only one car in one moment. So you have more time to concentrate to him, to look into entry list (which is usually seeded by starting numbers). As a fan, when you look at entry list, you are usually looking on the top because it is usual that with the smallest numbers are usually the fastest drivers.