Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    11/10 for Hamilton is an embellishment of Hamilton that grates. Just say 10/10, your point is made.

Speaking of 10/10. technically that what Ricciardo's score should be. He outscored Verstappen 158 to 142 in the races both finished. That's if was in the list.
    The difference between Verstapenn and Ricciado's scoring is based on winning potential this season. Verstapenn had three clear winning performances but one got away due to a crash. Ricciado was only good for two wins. On a head to head basis, Verstapenn got the measure of Ricciado this season.

That said, Ricciado would have done better if he did not have car troubles which was unfairly distributed between the Redbull drivers. Unfortunately, Ricciado caught the wrong end of the reliabilty failures. He is seen by me and many aa a clear championship winning driver given the right car.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th December 2018 at 13:41.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan View Post
    I think I'd deduct a couple of points for failing to stick the landing in Abu Dhabi...
    I don't understand ???
    William Shakespeare

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    That's a shame. Having to explain squashes the humour.

Think gymnastics.
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark

Quote Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
    That's a shame. Having to explain squashes the humour.

Think gymnastics.
    So what is your verdict?
    William Shakespeare

Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
    The same, an 8; -2 for the landing. Other than that, the tumble was performed with excellent form.
    "Those were the days my friends. We thought they'd never end..." jimclark

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Interesting anonymous collective driver rating results provided by the team bosses for this season.

1. Hamilton
    2. Verstappen
    3. Vettel
    4. Alonso
    5. Ricciardo
    6. LeClerc
    7. Raikkonen
    8. Bottas
    9. Ocon
    10. Hulkenberg

https://youtu.be/8Y9yd8Sj0OA

Roughly about right on the whole.. but for me Vettel made too many mistakes to deserve third, LeClerc also deserving of higher than 6th.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Interesting anonymous collective driver rating results provided by the team bosses for this season.

1. Hamilton
    2. Verstappen
    3. Vettel
    4. Alonso
    5. Ricciardo
    6. LeClerc
    7. Raikkonen
    8. Bottas
    9. Ocon
    10. Hulkenberg

https://youtu.be/8Y9yd8Sj0OA

Roughly about right on the whole.. but for me Vettel made too many mistakes to deserve third, LeClerc also deserving of higher than 6th.
    Raikkonen should have been higher, but the first half of the season did him in.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

8. Likes: Mia 01 (9th December 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This season was not bad (bad would be like 2011, 2013, or 2015), specially in the first half. However, it was somewhat of a disappointment once Vettel and Ferrari collectively dropped the ball allowing Hamilton to run with the WDC title two races before the end of the season.

I am kind of sick of people saying things like "I don't watch F1 any more because it got boring and it's not like it used to be a while back". And I always answer, dude, have you seen any F1 races recently? And what part of F1 you liked so much the way it used to be? Schumacher winning 5 WDCs in a row in 2000s, or Williams being 5 times WCC in the 1990s, or McLaren dominating in the 1980s?

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Overall a good season. Plenty of action through the pack, some newer drivers showing their worth on the grid, and some "new-ish" drivers honing their overall skill set, all while the pointy end of the pack was battling with both cars and drivers.

I think 2019 has a lot of potential to shake things up. The power advantage of the Merc cars seems to be lesser, and the other teams have been clawing back what appears to be a handling advantage vs Merc. If Ferrari and/or RB get the package right for next season, Lewis is going to have his work cut out for him trying to hold on to a WDC, and if Leclerc and Gasly do well in the #2 spots, the constructors title should be a fight through the season.

11. Likes: Jag_Warrior (10th December 2018)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    Overall a good season. Plenty of action through the pack, some newer drivers showing their worth on the grid, and some "new-ish" drivers honing their overall skill set, all while the pointy end of the pack was battling with both cars and drivers.

I think 2019 has a lot of potential to shake things up. The power advantage of the Merc cars seems to be lesser, and the other teams have been clawing back what appears to be a handling advantage vs Merc. If Ferrari and/or RB get the package right for next season, Lewis is going to have his work cut out for him trying to hold on to a WDC, and if Leclerc and Gasly do well in the #2 spots, the constructors title should be a fight through the season.
    My feelings exactly. I can't really add anything to that.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith