Quote Originally Posted by [RMC]Pip View Post
I have no real world rally car experience so I can only compare the feeling to previous DiRTs / rally games. I have only sampled the AWD Group A cars on gravel.
In DR1 I have to be on my toes to keep up a good enough rhythm, if I step up I literally sweat after a long stage. If I misjudge a line or a corner / don't set up the car correctly then it takes a couple of corners to get the car back up to speed and get back to rhythm. In DR2, I feel the complete opposite - you can halt the car in no time, negotiate the corners very easily and can drive way more causally as the game is way more tolerant. One can attack the stages in DR2 very easily compared to the previous two DiRT iterations. Don't get me wrong, it can be challenging as well if you are really going for it. But for me, just to stay on the road while maintaining an OKAY speed is way more difficult in DR1. Maybe as you said, the weightlessness remedy helps staying on road. But I feel that the cars are more grippy.

Do you prefer DR1? I couldnt go back to it now.
I like the Grp B cars (particularly the T16 and S4) and 911 RS. I've only had a brief go in the GpA Impreza, it felt ok iirc.
I think I know what you mean regarding getting back up to speed or at least feeling like you have, do you think its the motion blur effect kicking in a bit prematurely? The cars also all feel like they have a fair bit more power than in DR1

Yes, It is far easier to drive casually, to an extent understeer is perhaps too minimal... or at least feels that way after DR1.. but you can also push a lot harder and get into a nice very precise flow if you are on it.
DR1 just felt very loose in comparison... like 4wd with open diffs, no precision in comparison to the sequel.
I think DR2 has modelled the diffs extremely well,
in fact I find the gravel physics and handling realism to be quite exceptional on the whole. Tarmac is just a mess at the moment.

When I first tried it I didnt like it... it took me a lot of effort to get my G25 and the ffb working to an acceptable level. Then it all clicked. Now it has really grown on me and the more I play the better it gets. I find bonnet cam to give exactly the right feel for me. I take it you use a wheel?

Mr Jan. No explanation required, I get it. Why pay full whack for a game that isnt quite fully working yet. I wouldnt either. I dont feel short changed paying £40 for the deluxe version though. No regrets at all..