Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,281
    Like
    51
    Liked 294 Times in 220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Apparently, Vettels was suppose to turn the engine off and the car would have been rolled unto the scales which is very delicate. I hear the scale was damaged because he drove onto the scales. Thats why l think he may get a hefty fine and some grid drop at worst. I have heard of drivers being disqualified from races for this sort of thing.
    Yeah I realise that but they should be ready for him when he comes in and they clearly weren’t.

  2. #12
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,212
    Like
    702
    Liked 202 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Wow what a pole lat from Hamilton. 1.1sec faster than the track pole lap record of 2017. If Vettel get grid drop for the weigh bridge thing, it could be a Mercedes one two tomorrow. I think Kimi is well placed for another win this season with those yellow soft tyre on his car tomorrow.
    Yup, Kimi is in prefect position to get his 2nd win. If the Soft tire strategy holds up.
    But they have been suffering with more degradation than others this weekend. so who know.
    Also Verstappen is lurking behind too.

    Should be a good race tomorrow
    you can't argue with results

  3. #13
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,212
    Like
    702
    Liked 202 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yeah I realise that but they should be ready for him when he comes in and they clearly weren’t.
    indeed, but as usual Vettel panicked and made the situation far far worse. Even with a slight delay, he still would have gotten a decent run and probably a top5 Q2 spot so there was no need to loose it the way he did. In the end it might cost him dearly.
    you can't argue with results

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,578
    Like
    31
    Liked 350 Times in 285 Posts
    Pretty harsh , weighing Vettel just as conditions are changing , but not good to not follow instructions from the FIA employees , so a penalty will be applied .

    Hamilton is out chastising Sirotkin for attempting a pass into the final corner with them both on out laps .
    I was in the Lewis corner on this one , thinking he had only realized Sirotkin was coming fast at the last moment , and had tried to dive inside to get out of his way .

    But , rather than an act of respect , it was the ultimate act of disrespect , where he is essentially say to Sergey that he should stay in line and not get in the way of the big boys .
    He dove inside to balk the Williams driver deliberately .
    He has admitted as much , so a penalty should be applied .

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,281
    Like
    51
    Liked 294 Times in 220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Pretty harsh , weighing Vettel just as conditions are changing , but not good to not follow instructions from the FIA employees , so a penalty will be applied .

    Hamilton is out chastising Sirotkin for attempting a pass into the final corner with them both on out laps .
    I was in the Lewis corner on this one , thinking he had only realized Sirotkin was coming fast at the last moment , and had tried to dive inside to get out of his way .

    But , rather than an act of respect , it was the ultimate act of disrespect , where he is essentially say to Sergey that he should stay in line and not get in the way of the big boys .
    He dove inside to balk the Williams driver deliberately .
    He has admitted as much , so a penalty should be applied .
    No he didn’t. He saw Sergey at the last moment thinking he was misinformed and that someone behind him was on a quick lap so he tried to get out of the way.

    Hamilton explains Sirotkin incident, says Williams driver was "disrespectful"
    "Everyone was on an out lap, me, Sergey and the one in front of me. When you're on an out lap, towards the end of the lap, you try to back off and get a gap

    "As far as I knew no one behind was on a lap so I was making sure i had a gap, then all of a sudden out of turn 11 i saw a car coming.

    "I thought someone might have been on a lap, so I went to the left and that's where he decided to go. But he wasn't on a lap so I don't really know what his thinking was.

    "Between all the drivers, we all know to keep our space by that point so it was generally quite a disrespectful move...

    "I was trying to get out of his way and then he got to the corner and slowed up. It was kind of strange, it was completely unnecessary because he had a space behind. Ultimately his lap and my lap weren't great.

    "Hopefully he can learn from it."
    That’s a pretty reasonable explanation from Lewis. If anything it was Sergey’s fault and Sergey himself had no issues with what happened after either. Personally I think it’s just one of those things that happens but, since it didn’t affect anyones qualifying, just let it be

  6. Likes: truefan72 (10th November 2018)
  7. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,281
    Like
    51
    Liked 294 Times in 220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    indeed, but as usual Vettel panicked and made the situation far far worse. Even with a slight delay, he still would have gotten a decent run and probably a top5 Q2 spot so there was no need to loose it the way he did. In the end it might cost him dearly.
    I’d rather Vettel didn’t get a penalty as the FIA stewards were not ready for him. Fault on both sides but we’ll find out shortly. There is a possibility he may be sent home for it.

  8. #17
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,212
    Like
    702
    Liked 202 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No he didn’t. He saw Sergey at the last moment thinking he was misinformed and that someone behind him was on a quick lap so he tried to get out of the way.



    That’s a pretty reasonable explanation from Lewis. If anything it was Sergey’s fault and Sergey himself had no issues with what happened after either. Personally I think it’s just one of those things that happens but, since it didn’t affect anyones qualifying, just let it be
    exactly. I was about to post the same comments from the Autosport article.
    I'm not sure where and how bagwan is getting this take from.
    Nothing Hamilton said was remotely cocky brash or out of line.
    I'ts amazing how a decent and reasonable explanation can be given and presented, but yet some folks decide to spin it into something completely different than reality.
    oh well.
    Last edited by truefan72; 10th November 2018 at 20:27.
    you can't argue with results

  9. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,281
    Like
    51
    Liked 294 Times in 220 Posts
    25k fine and a reprimand for Vettel. As he did turn off engine and they got the car weight he escapes disqualification. Sounds fair enough to me.

  10. Likes: truefan72 (10th November 2018)
  11. #19
    Senior Member truefan72's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    5,212
    Like
    702
    Liked 202 Times in 152 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    25k fine and a reprimand for Vettel. As he did turn off engine and they got the car weight he escapes disqualification. Sounds fair enough to me.
    yeah. that sounds about right.
    It could have been much worse.
    well. should be ab exciting race tomorrow.
    No excuses from anyone
    ...except poor DannyRic
    you can't argue with results

  12. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,250
    Like
    0
    Liked 269 Times in 215 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    25k fine and a reprimand for Vettel. As he did turn off engine and they got the car weight he escapes disqualification. Sounds fair enough to me.
    That was lucky but it makes for a great race tomorrow
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •