Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Surely you all are going to be watching the Manchester Derby instead?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Surely you all are going to be watching the Manchester Derby instead?
    Thankfully, that would finish just as the race starts. Bumper sunday this weekend just what the GF need to have a moan.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No he didn’t. He saw Sergey at the last moment thinking he was misinformed and that someone behind him was on a quick lap so he tried to get out of the way.

That’s a pretty reasonable explanation from Lewis. If anything it was Sergey’s fault and Sergey himself had no issues with what happened after either. Personally I think it’s just one of those things that happens but, since it didn’t affect anyones qualifying, just let it be
    "I went on the left, not even hoping that he would let me go because he was so slow and I was coming so quickly and then in the last minute he saw me and tried to avoid me, he gave me the racing line but I was already on the left so I had to pass through the grass and basically my lap was ruined after that."

Where's the "disrespect" in what Sergey did ?

"I was trying to get out of his way and then he got to the corner and slowed up."
    He "slowed up" because he had just had two wheels in the grass , didn't he ?

As I said before , I was willing to give Lewis the leeway because he hadn't seen him coming , and that is still the case .
    Sergey went inside because Lewis was barely moving at that point .
    Lewis needed a gap behind Bottas , and Sergey didn't , as he was nowhere near fast enough to be bothered by the Finn ahead .
    But Lewis , if he let Sergey pass , would need to gap him as well , or pass him on a hot lap .

I think it was Brundle who said that the last thing you want to do when a car is coming quickly from behind , is move quickly in either direction .

And , yet , Hamilton said "Hopefully he can learn from this ." .

“I was wrong,it wasn’t a disrespectful move by Sergey, it was a misunderstanding and I honestly attempted to get out of his way.

“Didn’t work that well but shit happens and I respect the way he handled it.”

He learned from this .

And , what I hope he learned overnight was not to move when someone is coming in a hurry from behind , and not that this was a better explanation than what saying Sergey was disrespectful implies .
    Last edited by Bagwan; 11th November 2018 at 13:54.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    “I was wrong,it wasn’t a disrespectful move by Sergey, it was a misunderstanding and I honestly attempted to get out of his way.

“Didn’t work that well but shit happens and I respect the way he handled it.”

He learned from this .

And , what I hope he learned overnight was not to move when someone is coming in a hurry from behind , and not that this was a better explanation than what saying Sergey was disrespectful implies .
    you are still mnissing the point completely bagwan.
    SMH

you seem hell bent on going on some anti-hamilton crusade.
    both were on an outlap of which sirotkin was constantly behind hamilton and doing his warm up lap procedures, just like Hamilton. It was the penultimate corner where all are expected to slow down and create a gap for an excellent run up the hill and impediment free lap. but Sirotkin for whatever reason decided to go balls to the wall and try and overtake hamilton there. sirotkin was in the wrong, the stewards saw nothing wrong with it and Hamilton came out today and corrected his language. That's all.

get a grip
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Thankfully, that would finish just as the race starts. Bumper sunday this weekend just what the GF need to have a moan.
    No it won’t be. It will only be 40 mins into the game.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 11th November 2018 at 16:20.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    you are still mnissing the point completely bagwan.
    SMH

you seem hell bent on going on some anti-hamilton crusade.
    both were on an outlap of which sirotkin was constantly behind hamilton and doing his warm up lap procedures, just like Hamilton. It was the penultimate corner where all are expected to slow down and create a gap for an excellent run up the hill and impediment free lap. but Sirotkin for whatever reason decided to go balls to the wall and try and overtake hamilton there. sirotkin was in the wrong, the stewards saw nothing wrong with it and Hamilton came out today and corrected his language. That's all.

get a grip
    I suppose you've never seen drivers jockey for position in qualifying ?

I told you I was on Hamilton's side , until he said "disrespectful" .
    Perhaps Hamilton is right that it usually isn't a place where drivers pass , going into a hot lap , but there's no rule that says he can't .

Using the word , it implies that he felt Sirotkin would not have the audacity to attempt a pass .
    But , Sergey's agenda would have included trying like hell to get any tow he could , so Bottas was his only target , as Lewis was going so slowly , waiting for Valterie to get away .

By the way , should Lewis have been , since he was going so slowly , on the fast line ?
    It seemed like he didn't think so , if we are to believe his statement .

So , his opponent , who had every right to pass there , made a choice to go inside of Lewis , who was going very slowly on the fast line , and Lewis chose to jink to the left into the oncoming car's path , causing the other driver to be forced off track onto the grass at high speed .
    Leaving all the reasons aside , is there something that is wrong with that statement ?

And , by the way , saying "get a grip" is more than a little disrespectful .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    max is on fire!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Kimi unable to pass...
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    The mercs are slow
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare