Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82
  1. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Like
    71
    Liked 111 Times in 70 Posts
    The Ocon Verstappen incident is a clear example of third party teams/drivers with links to one of the big three.. interfering with the race lead to please his masters.

    He would never have done that to Hamilton or Bottas.


    I dont like it, it shouldnt happen but are there are no rules to stop the likes of this happening?

  2. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,241
    Like
    0
    Liked 268 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    The Ocon Verstappen incident is a clear example of third party teams/drivers with links to one of the big three.. interfering with the race lead to please his masters.

    He would never have done that to Hamilton or Bottas.


    I dont like it, it shouldnt happen but are there are no rules to stop the likes of this happening?
    I doubt it was intentional or done to please or at the request of Mercedes. It was a red mist moment that got out of hand. Ocon was going to forceably unlap himself because he thinks he has a better pace than Verstapenn with older tyres. And Verstapenn had the view he was the race leader hence Ocon should get out of his way and stay behind where he belongs. In this circumstances, a crash was inevitable as there was a lack of mutual respect.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 15th November 2018 at 13:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  3. Likes: N. Jones (13th November 2018),N4D13 (14th November 2018),Tazio (17th November 2018)
  4. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,576
    Like
    31
    Liked 350 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    These two have bad blood going back to their F3 rivary where Ocon got the better of Verstapenn. There may be some jealousy there, Verstapenn has gone on to better things with Ocon departing into the sidelines in 2019. How being a Mercedes junior has failed to reward Ocon has turned out to be a tough medicine to take. Spare a thought for Werhlein whom has all but disappeared into oblivion.
    It was not a good picture of Ocon , laughing at his rival in the heated conversation .
    It looks like Max gets the last laugh this time , though , as he's still driving next year and Kubica may take the last seat .

  5. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oradea
    Posts
    2,585
    Like
    75
    Liked 117 Times in 94 Posts
    It's poor taste to laugh at a mentally challenged individual.

  6. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    2,432
    Like
    71
    Liked 111 Times in 70 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I doubt it was intentional or done to please or at the request of Mercedes. It was a red mist moment that got out of hand. Ocon was going to forceably unlap himself because he thinks he has a better pace than Verstapenn with older tyres. And Verstapenn had the view he was the race leader hence Ocon should get out of his way and stay behind where he belongs. In his circumstances, a crash was inevitable as there was a lack of mutual respect.

    Yes, of course I'm not saying it was done under orders from a higher level.. but there is no way in hell he would have done it to either of the Merc drivers.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

  7. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oradea
    Posts
    2,585
    Like
    75
    Liked 117 Times in 94 Posts
    He wouldn't have needed to. I doubt that either would have got into this pointless fight with someone in a different race.

  8. Likes: Tazio (17th November 2018),truefan72 (14th November 2018)
  9. #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,475
    Like
    60
    Liked 135 Times in 106 Posts
    People who continue saying that Formula 1 racing is boring can now shut up once again. I had such low expectations that at first I didn't want to watch the Brazilian GP. Hamilton is the champion. Game over. Lame duck season. But oh boy, we have all been surprised there.

  10. #78
    Senior Member journeyman racer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    890
    Like
    226
    Liked 112 Times in 83 Posts
    As much as Ocon tried to demonstrate what a tough guy he is and justify his actions, all he did was demonstrate that he's a retard.

    Even if it was for position, he was in the wrong. He never had "authority" for the corner and expected Verstappen to back out because he was supposedly far enough alongside. Verstappen is the lead car and is entitled to turn right into a right hand corner.

    Where his lack of nous is demonstrated (And good team managers will recognise this), is that if that was for the win then he would've cost himself/team the win. If his pace was that much better than Verstappen and he could make his way past in those first two corners, then one corner away they're onto a straight and he could've got him. But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.

  11. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    1,241
    Like
    0
    Liked 268 Times in 214 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.
    I think Alonso said something along those lines recently. I wonder if one could say the drivers are complacent of the fact that F1 has got so safe, hence are willing to take more risks as a result drive with poor mutual respect than the schumacher generation for instance? Or do we need to go far back to the Stewart generation for instance.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th November 2018 at 15:40.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  12. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    To the right of the left
    Posts
    3,677
    Like
    3
    Liked 105 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    If his pace was that much better than Verstappen and he could make his way past in those first two corners, then one corner away they're onto a straight and he could've got him. But drivers these days with the lack of professional decorum are too dumb to realise that.
    No one said his car was faster, just that he was on better tires at the time. Therefor passing on the straight was not a option. He was substantially quicker in the corners though and that's were he attempted the pass.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

  13. Likes: Tazio (17th November 2018)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •