Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Verstappen showed once more that he's an idiot. Ocon's mistake or not, Verstappen had everything to lose, and lost it like a moron, getting into a pointless fight with a driver one lap behind. And then he topped it all off with his hissy fit. I was delighted with the result.

2. Likes: Mia 01 (13th November 2018),Tazio (13th November 2018)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Didn't McLaren finish 9th with 30 points and STR 7th with 53? Right now STR is 9th with 33 points and McLaren 6th with 62. What am I missing? Isn't Honda's progress from an horrible engine to just an almost mediocre one? I don't get what Honda does to continuously generate all this hype even if they constantly fail.
    Mclaren's 6th position is all Alonso frankly. This season, Redbull has been using Toro Rosso to help Honda develop the engine for the 2019 season. The low score of Toro Rosso is due to experiments that they have been doing as they try out things etc. It is clear on a number of occasions that, the Honda powerpod is good for the middle of the top ten at this moment if raced properly. Certainly good enough to be ahead of the Mclaren.

You have to bear in mind that next season is a low downforce chassis regulation to facilitate close quarter racing. It not about grunt as such but aerodynamic efficiency at low downforce. Which is where Redbull typically excel.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th November 2018 at 23:26.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Verstappen showed once more that he's an idiot. Ocon's mistake or not, Verstappen had everything to lose, and lost it like a moron, getting into a pointless fight with a driver one lap behind. And then he topped it all off with his hissy fit. I was delighted with the result.
    I totally agree, the Dutchman needs to grow up, he has a dummy spit every time something does not go his way, he is not perfect but he expects perfection from everyone else.

Cheers

Daniel

5. Likes: Mia 01 (13th November 2018)
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    This race will be remembered for the useless drives by Bottas, Vettel, and Ocon. It is surprising that the only Ferrari having speed to be competitive was Raikkonen's.

Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Every sport needs a villain. For the last few years F1 has been without one. I'm kind of glad that Max is stepping up.

8. Likes: Tazio (13th November 2018)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Every sport needs a villain. For the last few years F1 has been without one. I'm kind of glad that Max is stepping up.
    A villain yes but a childish, undisciplined spoiled brat, no!!

Cheers

Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by daniellouwrens View Post
    A villain yes but a childish, undisciplined spoiled brat, no!!

Cheers

Daniel
    This sort of behavior is only tolerable if the person in question has accomplished something. The annoying thing about Verstapenn is he does not know his place. He behaves as if he has already won a driver's championship. The talk about him being a potential world champion has gone to his head such that he behaves as if it has happened already.

He does not appreciate that becoming a F1 driver world champion is an up hill task that can be elusive even to those with the talent to become one. He has set himself up now for an expectation of "become a world champion or become the biggest idiot the sport has ever seen".

He has the talent to become world champion, but so do Gastly, Leclec, Russell, Nando, Sainz etc. There is no guarantee that he would ever be a driver world champion but very likely if he can pull it off in the Hamilton era before all the aforementioned drivers settle into their new teams.

He may win one in 2019 if Honda and Redbull put together a package that is much better than what Mercedes and Ferrari can muster for the 2019 regulations. Seeing the current Merc chassis, you may be inclined to put your money on Verstapenn for the 2019 driver's title. I suspect Mercedes are going to revisit the drawing board and come out with a redesigned chassis for 2019. Then, there is Leclec in the Ferrari for 2019, whom everyone thinks would be something special to behold in 2019. There is also a good chance that Ferrari would be stronger than they were this season and most likely not make a repeat of the mistakes they made this season.

Hence it may be harder for Redbull than they appreciate. It would always be a mistake to discount Hamilton and Vettel from the equation as well. Vettel would be very determined to catch up to Hamilton as a five times world champion. Of Course, Hamiton would be determined to pull further away and get closer to the Schumacher benchmark.

If there is one thing l can say l love about Hamilton and Vettel, it is that they are always very humble about their potential and achievements. If Verstapenn had Hamilton's achievements, he would be so big headed, they would need a special door for him to get into race tracks. You know what they say about pride.....
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th November 2018 at 10:06.
    William Shakespeare

11. Likes: Mia 01 (14th November 2018)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Horner (the voice of reason compared to the idiot doctor) defended Verstappen's behaviour after the race, so no wonder Red Bull's so good at producing spoilt brats. This moron makes Vettel look much better though. Vettel has his moments but doesn't have the sociopathic tendencies of his heir.

13. Likes: Mia 01 (14th November 2018)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Max should have just let him go through , rather than racing him .

However , as he has said , it was Ocon's smiling face that tipped him over the edge .
    It was clearly a "you got what you deserved" kind of expression , and I'm not surprised it prompted a shove or two .

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Max should have just let him go through , rather than racing him .

However , as he has said , it was Ocon's smiling face that tipped him over the edge .
    It was clearly a "you got what you deserved" kind of expression , and I'm not surprised it prompted a shove or two .
    These two have bad blood going back to their F3 rivary where Ocon got the better of Verstapenn. There may be some jealousy there, Verstapenn has gone on to better things with Ocon departing into the sidelines in 2019. How being a Mercedes junior has failed to reward Ocon has turned out to be a tough medicine to take. Spare a thought for Werhlein whom has disappeared into oblivion.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th November 2018 at 16:28.
    William Shakespeare